Pod Your Reef

JoeD's Technicolor Dream Cube

JoeD

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunate update... Arrived home yesterday to find that Mr. Biggles went carpet surfing.... He had made it to the fuge 3 times previously when spooked... Not sure what happened.... The worst part is that I had acquired netting to make a top, but had been too lazy to do it.....

:(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Current FTS...

6ih737.jpg

and

4gopyo.jpg

I'm amazed at how this tank has grown out in such a short time. It's been very low maintenance, and (knock on wood) only a couple of scares due to temp swings.

The cloves have spawned, and might need to be reigned in a some point.

Brittle stars hiding throughout the rock in the display.

In short, a joy.... thanks to bluefunelement for starting me down this crazy path :)

More pics to follow after I get a new bulb.

ATO went on the fritz for a day... MH and ceiling fan=lottsa evaporation. The ORA red planet did not like the salinity swing. I now understand RTN... <24hrs and RIP.

• 3 months later...

A little over one year in now...

Current FTS 10-09-10

2lizqm0.jpg

FTS 10-19-09

30w6ro5.jpg

Tank still continues to be enjoyable. The macros seem to go through cycles of boom and bust. Warmer tank temps over the summer were not kind to them.

Thanks Maria and Mark....

@Mark, yes the rainfords is still in there.. Very fond of hiding and sifting sand on the rics. For feeding, he gets on occasion mysis and/or cyclops. For the most part the tank is fed with a food mix that we make in the local club... Tons of stuff in it... broccoli, garlic, salmon, soft shell crab, nori, cyclopeeze, garlic, krill, silversides, and much more..... Keeps corals, fish, and inverts very happy. Recipe varies each time. HTH

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a quick thought.... Personally stepping away from the use of Marineland heaters.... Too many problems recently.... Customer service and warranty has been great, but need a more reliable heater... Too much at stake..

Archived