Cultivated Reef

Raffle Winners!

Christopher Marks

congrats to the winners i guess i will have to get my tank the ol fashion way. by buying it. hehehe

and hey Dandrews, dont take any crap from these guys, tell them to shove it up there butt sideways, if somebody wants to complain then let them. :mad:

NaNO ReeFiN

LOL!! How funny... DAndrews has the same IP address as our good ol' friend AbSolutC... :D, yeah, the same AbSolutC that isn't welcomed any longer here at Nano-Reef.com... Isn't that a coincedence...?

ladyamanda

Thanks Navynano, yeah it would, but I could just get a hood and re-do the 10 gallon in my office, the RO I can use after I move, I want a 55 gal..or bigger...:)

ladyamanda

lol....anytime...:) Beides I'll be looking for young strong backs to help us move in a month or so...

Congrats ladyamanda! I would have chosen the RO unit also. That way I wouldn't have to run to the store every few days to get water!

Lunchbucket

Congrats to the 2 prize winners, and congrats to everyone that participated because we are all winners by donating to this board. this board is here to help everyone even if it isn't through a prize...it might be through knowledge and experience.

congrats to all

and thank you chris for everything you have done!!

Lunchbucket

man, i am jealous of you two! congrats though :)

i guess i should have bought a few more tickets :D i wanted that RO unit

ladyamanda

I think Chris said only about 50 sold... :(

Hopefully the next raffle will go even better. I really appreciate the site, it was well woth what I gave to the raffle, even if I hadn't won... :)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant belive I won. I sent cash for tickets as a way to support this site because this site has made it possible for me to get back in the hobby (after being away from salt water aquariums for 7+ years). I met some great people on this site and have enjoyed everyones' post (well, almost everyones post ;) )

Anyway, I'm still deciding on the RO or tank.

I'm leaning towards the RO as I am strongly considering a larger reef tank. I'll take the current nano to the office and have a larger tank at home (at least this is the game plan for now).

Everyone, thanks---you'll get 'em next raffle!!

Chris, awesome. I'm excited I finally won something!!!!

Thanks,

parhead

NaNO ReeFiN

Haha, parhead just found out he won... :P Congrats man!! Funny how everyone who didn't win would rather take the tank, yet the winners would rather have the ro unit... :D

congrats to the winners. Personally, I'd take the tank (and hope Chris could put me at the top of the order list) but either choice is nice. More importantly, did Chris accomplish what he wanted to with the raffle?

Even more importantly, when's the next one?

Christopher Marks

Well, 51 tickets were sold. The sales covered the prize costs, and left some extra money to get the webhosting system all set up, as well as left some extra money to pay for some of this months server bill. It wasn't as popular as I had anticipated, but everything worked out ok.

If there is another raffle in the future, I would imagine it would be in about 3-6 months.

I definately appreciate having users come together to help out the site and get some new features added to it!

Hey Chris, I had an idea to help you out for the next raffle.

Maybe have 1 ticket be a winner for every 50 tickets sold, so more people can get prizes, but you can still raise money for your business?

so like if 150 tickets are sold, 3 winners, 200=4 winners, etc. just an idea :)

yea another raffle is a good idea. I neeeed one of those tanks and aint got the dough to buy it so bring on the raffle. 20 bucks for a couple of tickets is worth the time and info on this board. SO LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!

I think it was well worth me buying the 2 tickets for this site.

I mean it was just about £12 or so for me, thats like nothing compared to the amount of help and support I got from this site while setting up my tank.

The raffle was absolutely worth it. The truth is, I just set up my tank and to take it down and restart it in one of Chris' tanks would have been a real pain in the butt. The site had been of great use to me and the money was well spent. Congrats on the success Chris.

Archived