Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Petco Dollar per Gallon Sale 2009

2OceanLovers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry well hes new, and you flamed jamie a second ago, for asking a completely normal question. Look above, it didn't apply to tanks under 20g last year. Thats why, and you could do that :P haha

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the 2.5's aren't included in the sale. I think usually there is a lower size limit. Like, the tank has to be at least ten gallons, or something like that. For their volume, 2.5 gallon tanks cost a lot more to make than other tanks, so they couldn't have people going in and buying tons of them for a really low price.

edit: yeah, what jacob said. :P

Sorry well hes new, and you flamed jamie a second ago, for asking a completely normal question.

I don't think cracking a joke about his 2.5*1 = 2.5 comment was flaming him...

Look above, it didn't apply to tanks under 20g last year. Thats why, and you could do that :P haha

Ah, I suppose my comment may have been incorrect, which I did not realize. Some people said it was tanks under 29 gal, some said between 20 and 29. Someone please make a wise crack at me, so we can all feel better.

Edit: Almost forgot, :-D, :-P, :-)

One more Edit: I was just hasselin ya bannatree, don't take offense

Any new info? I really hope that 40 breeders go on sale too.... Otherwise, I just might pick up a 20 long and build an AIO out of it. Light it with my crappy viper.

FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD

Anyone ever hear of craigslist. I've gotten my 6.5 hex free, a 25T for free, a 44g w/ stand for $10 (had to reseal it but I knew that before purchase), and my other 45 for $25.

craigslist requires sorting through crazy murdering wackjobs and lying buttheads. Petco is preferable because I can be properly lubed up for whatever transaction I make <_< and I don't generally* have to worry about being murdered while looking at various and sundry items.

*Miami and other South Florida locations not included

Anyone ever hear of craigslist. I've gotten my 6.5 hex free, a 25T for free, a 44g w/ stand for $10 (had to reseal it but I knew that before purchase), and my other 45 for $25.

I spent 80 bucks on a 55 Gallon tank / hood-light / metal stand. When I got it home - I did a little further inspection - and noticed some hairline cracks on both top and bottom brackets - and that the metal stand was bent in the back rail - so that the tank didn't sit flush.

I filled it up with water in the back yard - and it held fine for 2 days - but No way I'm putting that in my house - to learn that i leaks 6 months later. It'll make a great terrarium though :huh:

Some might have luck on Craigslist - but I wouldn't buy an aquarium tank from them. Savings isn't worth the peace of mind for me.

Re: Petco tank sale - 2 weeks ago, they had 20 % off al tanks - and 79.00 55 gallon aquarium - but the starting prices were rediculously high before the sale price. Hopefully that's not their big aquarium sale.

Re: Petco tank sale - 2 weeks ago, they had 20 % off al tanks - and 79.00 55 gallon aquarium - but the starting prices were rediculously high before the sale price. Hopefully that's not their big aquarium sale.

I work at Petco, I can find out tomorrow....

Doesn't really matter since they were slowly ruining the sale anyway by excluding just about every size except a few. If it kept going it would eventually be nothing but $10 10 gallon tanks which is all they are worth anyway.

Well I appreciate you guys finding out for me. It suck that I don't live in Indy though. I would love the dollar per gallon sales. Upgrade 3 times a year. LOL

Archived