Pod Your Reef

Petco Dollar per Gallon Sale 2009

2OceanLovers

2OceanLovers

Does anybody know when the dollar per gallon sale at Petco is going to happen this year or when it happened last year. I am looking to upgrade to a 40 or 50 gallon and the more money I can save the better. Thanks for your help!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have changed the sale over the years. If I recall correctly, the last time they excluded everything larger than 29 gallon tanks. :unsure:

I called a manager here in Boca he said last week of August first week of September but it could change since the flyers are not out yet. Last year around here it was tanks up to 55g and Oceanic and bow fronts were excluded :) HTH

Needreefunds
I called a manager here in Boca he said last week of August first week of September but it could change since the flyers are not out yet. Last year around here it was tanks up to 55g and Oceanic and bow fronts were excluded :) HTH

No bow fronts?? !! :(:tears:

Needreefunds
what sales is this? I've never heard of it...

Every now and then it seems Petco sells tanks for a dollar per gallon size.

"per gallon size" ??? is that right? LOL

well, you know what I'm trying to say right? :lol:

SpankythePyro
40 breeder frag tank anyone?

multiple 40br frag tanks :D

I'm a bit leery of using one of those reptile ones tho lol

Last year's sale was 20 -29 gallon only - for buck a gallon - but they discounted the 55 gallon to I think it was 80 bucks. Sale began on Aug 24th 2008.

2OceanLovers

Thanks so much for the info. I hope they include tanks over 29 gallons this year. If anyone hears something definite for TX, please let me know. I will keep my ears out for some good sales there too.

I stopped in Petco and the rep told me they already had the sale this year. I don't remember hearing anything about it though... I hope I didn't miss it. I want to pick up some 20's.

Does this mean 2.5 gallon tanks are 2.5 dollars? Because if so I am getting one. Or lots.

Your comprehension skills are amazing.

Does this mean 2.5 gallon tanks are 2.5 dollars? Because if so I am getting one. Or lots.

Congrats, you can do simple multiplication! :P

If they do the sale this year I'm getting a 20l or two for a bgger sump and possibly a frag tank.

Last year's sale was 20 -29 gallon only - for buck a gallon - but they discounted the 55 gallon to I think it was 80 bucks. Sale began on Aug 24th 2008.

This is why he is asking ;)

bananatree94

lol a dollar per gallon? kinda i rip for me. i live in MI and theres a lfs by my house that sells RO saltwater for $0.55 per gallon. i paid 5 dollars for 18 gallons the other day ;) plus is water from petco really worth it?

lol a dollar per gallon? kinda i rip for me. i live in MI and theres a lfs by my house that sells RO saltwater for $0.55 per gallon. i paid 5 dollars for 18 gallons the other day ;) plus is water from petco really worth it?

No, it's for tanks, like a 20l would be $20 and a ten gal would be $10. $1 for sw is a rip off imo too.

Thanks for having an idea of what the thread is about before posting noob.

Archived