SaltCritters.com

50 gallon Cape Cod deck tank

Zo0k365

Love your tank! Found this while I was surfing for info and planning on doing pretty much the same thing. I just started up an old metaframe tank, and I am doing a cape cod biotope for the summer. So far I have a few pipe fish, a couple of tiny flounder, some rock crabs, some hermit crabs, and some anemone. These are all scavenged from in and around E. Falmouth.

My main question for you is about food. I put a lot of crustacean larvae and mantis shrimp in there along with some seaweed. Most my residents seem to like eating the mantis shrimp. What else do you use for food in your tanks?

Any other advice on doing a local tank and where/how to find good catches would be most appreciated!

you use live mantis shrimp as food? Wtf?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at Wood's Hole this summer. Wanted to say hi if you were at the aquarium and they said you were at NOAA. Congrats! That must've been an awesome experiance.

• 3 weeks later...

wow this is awesome i never even thought this was possible i spend a lot of time on the water on the north shore in the merrimack river.... it would be awesome to have a tank that resembled where I live

Archived