inTank Media Baskets

Mirage's10 gal, DIY 15"x15"x10" almost cube.

MGDMIRAGE

Found a cool piece of live rock while sorting through some i've had stiring in a bucket for a couple weeks. Thought i would slap it in the front middle, i think it will be awesome for zoanthid or some other low growing coral. Anyway biding my time while i wait out the cycle....zzzzzzzzzzzz Ammonia almost completely gone, trites still maxed out and trates are around 20+ppm now.

9-9-09.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could totally see that new rock growing some crazy zoas. some of my favorites are purple deaths & reverse gorilla nipples.

tank is lookin good for being empty

Just trolling along and enjoying the ride (have been since day 1). It's looking good so far. I agree, throw some zoas on the front rock and let them go wild lol.

Tests as of today reveal zeros across the board Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, I'm actually quite surprised that it didn't take longer using base rock.

CUC and zoanthids to follow!

Also i got some nice Diatoms atm...

Found a cool piece of live rock while sorting through some i've had stiring in a bucket for a couple weeks. Thought i would slap it in the front middle, i think it will be awesome for zoanthid or some other low growing coral. Anyway biding my time while i wait out the cycle....zzzzzzzzzzzz Ammonia almost completely gone, trites still maxed out and trates are around 20+ppm now.

9-9-09.jpg

can't wait till you start stocking this thing! love the rock work btw...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

9-9-09.jpg

Looking good. Great rock work. One suggestion would be to move the rock that is in the front left a touch in ward....I can see that being a tank cleaning inhibitor!

Also, for the powerheads, you can throw one low and aim it 45* up and towards the middle. Then, toss the other at the top and aimed to meet the flow in the middle. With the small tank, you will get a cool turbulence that should work well....especially for the "center piece" rock you put in the middle.

Any way....just some thoughts. Your rock work however looks great as it is though regardless!

Why thank you very much, yes you are totally right about the rock on the left i hit it with the mag float all the time hehe. I plan to do just that its just that the k nano's barely move at all their pivitability< :D is very limited.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest FTS, tank is currently nursery for a ton of frags from a local reefer they are uber bleached from his furan dosing. Some frogspawn, hammer, zoos, encrusting monti (sunset, superman), blastos, rics. No set scape things are all over the place until they recover then i'll figure their placement.

IMG_1616.jpg

I love that shot of the pseudochromis.

Thanks, he was a scrawny little guy when i got him and man he is a glutton.

cool, i just realized that your tank is almost the same dimensions as the tank i ordered (15x14x11).

Ah nice, i love the dimensions :) I wasn't satisfied with the usual 10 gallon shape and this fits better on my desk.

Lookin good. Your fish is cute too. (and yes, I said cute)

Lol thanks, i have to admit he/she is pretty cute and really a spaz. I can see it venturing around the back of the tank all day long, it only really comes out front to beg for food blatantly right in my face going back and forth on the glass.

Tagged for future updates. You have done well with the build. Like the arch!!

Thanks! It should be much more organized soon.

Lookin good, even with the hapHazard placement of frags.

Yep i've got more frags in there then i know what to do with. Hoping the hammer and sunset monti and superman monti survive and unbleach soon. It's like their alge was totally expelled but they still have polyps exposed so they are alive /crosses fingers. The guy gave me like 6 colonies of zoos which are on decent chunks of rock so i have to remove almost all of the rock i had in the tank minus arch.

Also just added a small orange monti cap to top of arch lastnight.

Coralline is sprouting on my dry rock finally also :)

• 8 months later...
redkneecoral

i love what you have done with this tank, i love the fact you put the tank together yourself

outstanding job

Thanks you two, this tank is now a freshwater planted jungle with small freshwater shrimp. I'm growing bored of them though i may have to convert it back over to a reef soon.

Cool fish. It is not a jumper?

I am looking for a replacement fish. Something that will stay small, personable and reef safe.

Had a Cherub angle but it jumped so no fish now.

Nice tank so far BTW.

• 1 year later...

Archived