Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

finally have pics of the 40g

cal3v

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol yea the reason I posted it was for ya'll that remember my 20g. I cruise reefcentral a bit, and uploaded pics to my gallery there so I have it both places now luckily. reefcentral is less open minded about nanos and such (at least some people are) and even with a 40g its like if they are just going to complain because of the magnifica I have in it then why go out of my way to show them my tank. Its in the gallery, so if they wanna look at it then look lol. skeletor I've had the spongodes for about a year and started from a frag, it hasn't taken off because I fragged it too much when it was small lol. Lighting is a 250w radium and 2 x 95w vho uri superactinic, filtration is a prizm and all that lr, I have a 20g sump in addition where I have the prizm and extra live rock, the water movement is provided by the mag 5 return, 2 x maxi jet 1200, an aquaclear 300, and a powersweep powerhead. Been set up since this summer when I moved over from the 20g.

Damn Cal, that tanks coming along nicely. It looks like you kinda ditched the open look you originally wanted. I love how it looks now, kinda inbetween the packed 20's look and the way it looked when I saw it in person. Whats the anemone-like thing up un the back glass?

Hi Jim the open look was cool but then the corals started to grow lol, so it is more imbetween now and I like the look too. The anemone is a magnifica and I have to get another tank once it starts getting real big, I hope to dedicate a tank just to that anemone.

Alright, I'll admit, 30% or so of my initial reaction had it's roots in jealousy!!!!

So cal3v, what photoshop program did you use to make up this reef, d@mn! Thats some good digital manipulation. It's too pretty to be real.

Can I get more details on your hardware, specifically lighting? I've got a brand new 40 breeder sitting on my front porch, waiting for me to finish framing my new office in the basement.

Lighting is a 250w single ended radium over one end and two 95w vho superactinic which run the span of the whole tank. filtration is a prizm and all that lr, I have a 20g sump in addition where I have the prizm and extra live rock, the water movement is provided by the mag 5 return, 2 x maxi jet 1200, an aquaclear 300, and a powersweep powerhead.

Jim, yep color and growth is definitely better overall under radiums, the purple nana does look better under 10k though, but under 20k the green of it looks better, so yea the purples nana and purple rim cap look pinker under 10k's. J-Bass, yep the center brace but also the way I aquascaped I have an sps "island" on one side. The upgrade I just used the rock and water from the previous tank and new sand.

Archived