Coral Vue Hydros

Nosser's 12" Tank

nosser

blizzardscout2

That is one sexy lookin little tank, did you make it? I like the design of the water fall out of the grate. I might have to build me one of those. :D

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hey nosser, hows the flow with the MJ900? I remember reading that Erick said it wasn't strong enough? Also i love the custom glass stand. JK

The flow seems okay if it's going to be a single outlet. I have a "T" in my loc-line right now and I wanted to add a Hydor Flow deflecter to one side but I don't think it will be strong enough for that. I just noticed that the pump I use to mix water is a MJ1200. I'll put it in to see the difference but the back of the tank is small I can't just pull out the MJ900 pump without removing the bulkhead and elbow first.

And yeah the custom glass stand took the longest to make. I'm selling them for $200 let me know if you're interested :haha:

That is one sexy lookin little tank, did you make it? I like the design of the water fall out of the grate. I might have to build me one of those. :D

Thanks the tank is great. I can't wait to fill her! I didn't make the tank though. It was made by Erickrm on the forums. Here is a Link to his website M.A.D Tanks. He's a stand up guy and will work with you.

I'll check on that! :D

Hows the MJ900 run in this tank? Do you think it provides enough flow? I'm worried that the 1200 in mine is going to heat the tank up, so I might end up exchanging it for the 900.

Hows the MJ900 run in this tank? Do you think it provides enough flow? I'm worried that the 1200 in mine is going to heat the tank up, so I might end up exchanging it for the 900.

The 900 seems okay and I have a my loc-line split like yours. I do think I want more flow since I would like to use a deflector on one end. I'm not too worried about heat though since I got an iceprobe chiller.

haven't have much time to work on the tank but I was able to drill a hole for my iceprobe. It was simple enough I just bought a 1 1/4 bit at Home Depot for under $7 bucks.

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

And here it is in it's new home with my 2x18 Current Satellite. I know the tank is super dirty since it was right after I drilled the tank. I'll make sure I clean the tank for the next update.

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

Great location for the tank!

Yeah I thought it would look great here.. I just have to worry about how to hide all my wires and ATO and stuff.

Pure awesomeness in the making :D

Thank you! I know there are so many awesome builds in this contest and I am only hoping to maintain a great looking pico!

Hm... seeing that iceprobe makes me think of a DIY computer TEC cooler.

Yeah I thought the same thing when I saw it but I am pretty sure I couldn't do it!

Could build a little wooden box to fit a powerstrip in, paint it the color of the wall & mount it just above the tank there on the right side, looks like you could blend it in pretty well & just run the wires up into the bottom, have a hinged door on it for access.

Could build a little wooden box to fit a powerstrip in, paint it the color of the wall & mount it just above the tank there on the right side, looks like you could blend it in pretty well & just run the wires up into the bottom, have a hinged door on it for access.

yeah that would work too, I was thinking of building an entire back piece that would cover all the equipment beack there including the 3" portion of he tank so if I run a fuge light it won't escape out of the sides. We will see though...

FInally I can get the show on the road... Unfortunately I still need to get a heater and a couple small things. I will have to get that stuff tomorrow and hopefully fill the tank tomorrow night. I changed my mind and I will not be running the skimmer. There isn't much room back there.. hahaha Trying to fit the skimmer with a heater, ATO, iceprobe, return pump and some cheato... Something had to go but I still left the cost in the budget since I already paid for it so I'll just put it back in my 10g.

I did receive my live rock and I think they look awesome. I ordered 7lbs of Nano Rock from Premium Aquatics. I had it 2 day shipped and it still smelled fresh! They offered great customer service and were able to send photos of the rock before hand. I would definitely order from them again!! Just a teaser shot since I threw them in a bucket thinking the contest would start sometime next week.IMG_4148.jpg

Alright so I finally had time to work on my tank! I pulled out my old snailgaurd for my float switch and I had to mod it to fit the back of this tank. It's connected to the tank by magnet.

IMG_4163.jpg

Here's my rock.. It's about 7lbs of nano rock from Premium Aquatics!

IMG_4165.jpg

Here's the cloudiness!

IMG_4168.jpg

I hate scapin'! This was probably after 3 hours and I'm still not sure how i feel about it! Please tell me what you think....

Front

IMG_4170.jpg

Right side from family room

IMG_4171.jpg

Left Side from formal living room

IMG_4172.jpg

I will probably mess around with the rock again after work and I'll start testing water. I am still in the process of building something for the back portion of the tank to cover the fuge area and all the wires. I will post later when I have something worth showing.

I like it alot, looks like they sent you some nice shapes & I like the flat pieces kind of covering the back wall. Interested to see what you decide on to cover your wires since it's in that room divider type spot.

Archived