Innovative Marine Aquariums

Booyahs Onyx Clownfish!

bpkenn

First....Eric, I could care less about your Book.You gave me your word on something then 3 days later you broke it.That is all I care to say about You and I.

Second... The fish in the first pic were sold over 3 years ago.The customer picked those fish from my grow out.He knew full well of the "LONG" condition of the female fish.Each to his own.I got 50 for the pair.He got a great deal and so did I.

Third... RODS fish are miss formed.He will tell you that.The male's Lips are snarled With a terrible under bite.The female is "long"as are many C-Quest Onyx.By your standards they should should have been culled.Which of you would not give your left nut for those fish.

Forth.....Lets see some Onyx fish from Christosclowns"Customers"..See I realy dont think there are any CC Onyx out there.Please "Customers"..Kindly prove me wrong.I dont trust Eric's Pics See below

Fifth.....Eric you posted ,On page 15 Of your Onyx thread,a hurricane wiped you out last year.Then you posted the fish were your babies 15 and 19 months old.Were these fish surviors?I dont think those two fish are your babies.I "know" those fish are not your babies... Want to lie some more to get out of this... Be carefull. Mitch AKA Booyah

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christosclowns

Lmao your a funny guy first of all I have proven reciepts from cquest on all three oof my pairs up to 5 years ago. Second of you got nothing on me i dont have to watch out at all not one bit. From what I found out just to let you know because I did my research on where you got your original broodstock. Your fish came form Morgan Lidster who did not have full cquest lineage at the time of your purchase. Your female is wild caught and your male was from inland aquatics. Third of all i did lose 75 percent of everything I had in a hurricane due to a huge power outage and I had to start all over again. And thats why I dont have allot babies because i had to start all over again. And last but not least my my broodstock speak for themselves depending on enviornment causes different coloration. and it has been proven. You can sell your clowns to whomever you like cull or dont cull I really dont care trust me. I have 4 of the nicest cquest onyx money can buy that will produce amazing offspring in the next few months so im not worried at all. See the difference is you count your pennies with your fish and your to cheap to by nice fish as your brood stock thats why half of your onyx have deformities. I spent thousand on my broodstock and im still going to spend more. I just paid 1200 for a super onyx pair where did you get yours craigslist or on a reef forum. The bottom line is this. You pay for the best and if you want the best you gotta dish it out. I dot care what you breed or how many you got of it. I will produce the nicest clowns anyone will ever see. And were not just talking color and patterns were talking boody shape etc... I might sound cocky and some might think im arrogant but the difference between me and you is you depend on selling deformed clowns and not deformed clowns to pay your mortgage which is great, i dont have a mortgage im paid off so i can enjoy breeding for fun. Do what you gotta do but do me a favor buddy dont try someone that can buy you out with a sock drawer cuz money talks in this world and ill sell my clowns for ten dollars apiece just to make sure no one buys from you. I suggest you stop when your ahead. I tried being nice and i tried settling it with an apology but you wana play tough guy you dont have the steel to try me good luck doush

christosclowns

OH AND ONE MORE THING IM GLAD YOU EXPLAINED TO EVERYONE THAT THE REASONS BREEDERS CULL CLOWNS IS NOT JUST BECAUSE THERE BODIES GREW DEFORMED BUT MOST OF THE TIME ALMOST ALL THE TIME THE CLOWNS THAT ARE DEFORMED MAY HAVE AND MOST LIKELY DO HAVE INTERNAL DEFORMITIES AS WELL. LIVER PROBLEMS, DIGESTIVE PROBLEMS, ETC... SO YOU SELL A CLOWN CHEAP AND THEN ONE DAY IT JUST DROPPED DEAD BECAUSE YOU HAD A BACTERIAL VIRUS IN GROWOUT AND THEY DIDNT GROW PROPERLY SO EXPLAIN TO THEM WHY YOU REALLY SHOULD CULL. ITS THE PROBLEMS THESE FISH HAVE IN THE LONG RUN IF THE OUTSIDE IS MESSED UP SO IS THE INSIDE IF YOU WANNA A LESSON READ MY BOOK WHEN IT COMES OUT IT HAS GREAT INFO YOU MIGHT LEARN A THING OR TWO

No its not about me but its about his deformed clown that lead into being about me and him. Ill stop when he realizes that some people do it for passion not for money and when your bills got to get paid because you dont have a job right mitch. you gotta sell what you can to pay ends meat. So lets screw some reefer out of a nice pair whatever you all can think what you want. What g oes around comes around i help everyone and i take time out of my business to help everyone i do it for passion he does it for money.

The moderators have agreed to re-open these threads provided nobody gets out of line. With that I feel that christosclowns PMed apology can best explain the conclusion.

I answered yor question in pm if you want to copy and paste it go right ahead i wont answer again thank you

I pmed chris marks yesterday and told him that i was the cause of that argument. I told him it was not fair to close your thread because you were simpply attempting to show off your fish. I do apologize if I ruined it for you but i have worked my ass off breeding these clowns and I dont want to cause chaos. Your right your fish has awesome coloration and yes he may be a bit deformed in the head but some cquest pairs the majority of them do have that.One of my females has it not the male by the way Rods has it Mitches has it etc... Just because the parents have it does not neccessarilu mean the offspring will.

I'm glad we can clear that portion up. Mitch @ Booyah's produces some wicked onyx clownfish :) (most credit going to Bill addison of course!!!)

The deformity comes from nutritional and water paramters.

I don't agree with this. Why would we see this deformity in the wild caught fish then? I believe in natural selection, and to some extent, the oceans are one of the places that the taint of human existence has the...least immediate impact. Thusly I think it is a better indicator of nature taking its course.

my male is wild caught. All my males and picasso females are wild caught and yes one does have a hump but it does not affect the offspring.

If this "deformity" causes a major health issue to the fish, I would think that natural selection would have done the work of "culling" it from the ocean. Honestly, from this point forward, I will no longer be referring to that as a deformity. If it occurs in nature, and the fish survives along with the rest of the fittest, then it is obviously beneficial or negligible, and should not be looked upon negatively.

Your fish has amazing coloration and to you its beautiful just like to me mine is. I got out of hand you got out of hand etc... I am sorry sincerely

Thank you for the apology again, but I cannot return one to you. I do not feel I was out of hand. Such reactions on my part are to be expected when continuously provoked.

I really do it cuz I love it. Colby has ten pairs of my fish that are half an inch and almost completely black and he keeps them under t5 lights, where my brother has a pair of mine in a 29 jbj with halides and there not its hit or miss with early signs sometimes it takes a year or two.

That is why I would really urge you to grow your fish for a bit longer before you sell them as onyx. This way everyone knows they are getting what they are paying for.

edit: I would like to see Colby post some pictures of the completely black onyx that you bred if he doesn't mind.

I send my apologies again if I did not answer your question and if I was a jerk off in your thread. I really did nothing wrong to mitch and if you ask others I really am a cool guy and very straight foward. I hope this answers your questions and I hope this can be behind us

I disagree, and im sure Mitch would also. What you did was clearly defamation, but thank you for the apology, and I will move on from this unless I am further provoked.

I just wanted to show these guys to the world.These fish were raised here at Booyahs Reef with love, care,And good old fish food...the natural way....Disclaimer #1 There was no Dog Food {Diamond A}feed to these fish.Disclaimer #2 There parents were not feed Creatine {to produce 1300 egg nest}june609bedsideclowns005.jpg. june609bedsideclowns004.jpg Male june609bedsideclowns001.jpg Female

Oh Yes one more thing They have been in a nano, with two 27 watt PC's.One is a 420nm the other is a 10k,Since they were 2 months old.They are 1 year and 8 months now.No Halide ever. BOOYAH

Awesome looking onyx, they don't get better than that.

In regards to disclaimer 1 and 2...are you serious? Why would you feed fish dog food first of all, and second, who would they give them creatine, and why? That's just wrong on so many levels.

Yes, I may be new to the forum, but definitely not new to the hobby/breeding etc. In humans, creatine is used to help body builders bulk up faster. I'm guessing that feeding breeding pairs creatine gives them extra energy to produce ridiculous amounts of eggs. There's a different thread on that one though...

I'd like to stay on topic and give a huge +1 to Mitch with Booyah's Onyx. Nothing tricky about his breeding setup, just lots of love and hours of continuous attention every day. His methods are solid, and I've seen some of his fry that barely have a first bar that already show shadowy darkness. I've got a pair of his onyx in my tank (I think they're actually pictured on page 1 by bpkenn Aug 2 2009, 03:12 PM - which BTW I'm flattered you used the pictures! Keep spreading the love!) The color is fantastic. I see the shape of fish kinda like wine. Most people don't really know the difference between a $100 or $10 bottle. I can't look at a fish and snub my nose because it's not perfect. I love my Onyx from Mitch and am thinking of setting up more tanks just to put more of his fish in them! His customer service can't be better, his setup is awesome, and I don't think there's anyone who's actually met him that have anything bad to say. Keep up the good breeding, and lets see some more pictures of his fish!!!

It's seriously worth it! Plus since you're local you can go there and pick out your fish. If you like mis-bars, you can find 'em. If you want perfect bars, you can find 'em. They're awesome!

Yes, I may be new to the forum, but definitely not new to the hobby/breeding etc. In humans, creatine is used to help body builders bulk up faster. I'm guessing that feeding breeding pairs creatine gives them extra energy to produce ridiculous amounts of eggs. There's a different thread on that one though...

I'd like to stay on topic and give a huge +1 to Mitch with Booyah's Onyx. Nothing tricky about his breeding setup, just lots of love and hours of continuous attention every day. His methods are solid, and I've seen some of his fry that barely have a first bar that already show shadowy darkness. I've got a pair of his onyx in my tank (I think they're actually pictured on page 1 by bpkenn Aug 2 2009, 03:12 PM - which BTW I'm flattered you used the pictures! Keep spreading the love!) The color is fantastic. I see the shape of fish kinda like wine. Most people don't really know the difference between a $100 or $10 bottle. I can't look at a fish and snub my nose because it's not perfect. I love my Onyx from Mitch and am thinking of setting up more tanks just to put more of his fish in them! His customer service can't be better, his setup is awesome, and I don't think there's anyone who's actually met him that have anything bad to say. Keep up the good breeding, and lets see some more pictures of his fish!!!

Well said. I suffer from a similar dilemma as you. I love my onyx, and don't want to part with them, but I want a pair of Mitch's up and coming Picassos also (his broodstock is gorgeous.) Clearly I am just going to start saving for another tank/setup :) Ooooh...Maybe a nice blue carpet to go with the Picassos!

edit: as far as the creatine goes...its been studied for what, 20 something years in human use/consumption, and actually is quite beneficial to both the mind and body. But we have determined proper dosage and usage for doing so. Do you honestly think these breeders test the naturally produced creatine levels in their fish, and "adust the dosage" accordingly...and/or cycle the creatine usage as to not cause harm to the broodstock, OR they offspring? I highly doubt it, to me it sounds like a way to make more $$$, faster.

you guys are really going to make me drop the $90 for a pair aren't you? :o

Thats a steal!!! I was in my LFS buying something today and showed him a picture of mitch's onyx. he told me he could get $150 easy for those fish (the last pictures kerusso316 posted.) Plus as bues0022 said, you can visit Mitch in person and hand pick the fish you'd like...its like visiting a dog breeder and coming home with your favorite puppy.

any website, email or something that I could contact the store for this booyah's onyx?

You can get ahold of Mitch @ 708-715-0424

christosclowns

bp would you like me to take them off i have no problem doing so

id love to get along i sent my apologies to mitch and bpkenn did I not bp i would like to admire his fish and the thread if its ok

Archived