Coral Reccomendation  

40 members have voted

1. 1. SPS? Softie? LPS?

• An SPS
    • How bout some LPS
    • Keep to softies
    • MORE ZOAS

LivingStrong08
Wait a minute here. Your jawfish jumped out? You have egg crate he jump threw a little square? That sucks. I am going to go with the JBJ auto as well I think. How much top off water you using a week with the sunpod and open top?

Yup, jumped thru about 1/4" holes too... amazing...

I top off about 3-4 gallons a week...however, mine should be the most extreme. I live in Arizona, 100+ temps, plus my home has refridgerated air, so it sucks the moisture right out!!!

Lets see some pics of the JBJ top off set up.

Let me see if I can find any before I snap some pics.. lol. :)

In the beggining of the thread you can see my resevoir with top off water. :)

Check, Check, Check it out.. New Pics: 10-06

New Maxima Clam.. I wish u could see this in person.. wow..

002.jpg

Top Shot

003.jpg

Oh yea..

006-1.jpg

Random Zoa rock..

011-1.jpg

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAMN the new clam is awesome. Just got my sunpod in the mail today along with my ATO. The 14k Phoenix is off the hook. I love the shimmer effect wish I would of done it alot sooner. Your tank is amazing for how long it has been setup. I am going to a frag swap this saturday so I will be updating my thread.

LivingStrong08

Thanks bro.. I am ready to upgrade.. My wife makes me save for my reff things.. lol.. I am after the Solona XL67... May be a while tho, they carry a heave price tag!

Imma head to your thread now.. I love the 14k, so I bet it will treat ur tank well!!!

How do your acans like the sunpod? You have them all on the sandbed?You feeding mysis after the lights go out? Give me the low down your acans look GR8888888888888888888888888888888.

LivingStrong08
How do your acans like the sunpod? You have them all on the sandbed?You feeding mysis after the lights go out? Give me the low down your acans look GR8888888888888888888888888888888.

Acans love mysis, everyother day! Watch ur hermits, as they love to steal from them! With the sunpod, u have to be careful on where the corals came from. All mine are bought from very intense lighting, with huge tanks, so the sunpod with a phx 14k is perfect!!!

LivingStrong08
man you have an awesome looking tank! i really like the zoa garden, let me know if you are ever going to frag any of those!

thx! As soon as I get some solid growth, the fragging will begin! :) muhahahahahaha!!

LivingStrong08
what is the name of these zoas? i have 2 polyps just like it. They look great once they start multiplying!

fire and ice. One of my favs!

Thunderstruck34

neato tank, Im not going to lie it looks a lot bigger to me than most other bc29's I have seen. looking really good. btw thats a very nice maxima you have.

LivingStrong08
neato tank, Im not going to lie it looks a lot bigger to me than most other bc29's I have seen. looking really good. btw thats a very nice maxima you have.

Lol!! I wish it was man!! I think I may start selling some of my Acan's soon, and buy a few super LE Acans.. Like's it's Fry's Taste the Rainbow Acans!!! ;)

In the meantime discussions are about, on wifey letting me upgrade to the Solona XL67!!! ;)

Thanks for all ur help with my next fish!! Still can't decide...

Thunderstruck34

no problemo, Keep your acans!!! they look really good and you have a nice little garden thing going! Just tell your wife that to get that one fish or coral she likes so much you'll have to upgrade to the bigger tank!

LivingStrong08

Hahaha, Yea!! I agree... She actually is onboard with a bigger tank.. We just have to do it smart. :)

Can't wait... Sheesh.

On a side note my Yellow Assessor will arive tomorrow! Also, I have a few more acans that will be ready for the tank as well. :)

Thunderstruck34

You know you've found the one when you have a woman who agrees with your desires to upgrade your tank. congrats!

get some pics up of your new bonafide goldfish lol!

how many different acans you have now? you have a nice little collection.

LivingStrong08
You know you've found the one when you have a woman who agrees with your desires to upgrade your tank. congrats!

get some pics up of your new bonafide goldfish lol!

how many different acans you have now? you have a nice little collection.

No joke bro!! Along with being dead sexy, she is awesome in everything I do... PS3, was all up in rockband and guitar hero, Reefing, she goes to LFS, and swaps with me... NOW SHE wants a bigger tank... WOW...

:) I got my lil guy today, acclimating now, I throw them in with lights off, so I will snap a pic tomorrow. :)

Phew I probably have close to 10 Acans, or more...

Thunderstruck34

geez, you lucked out! My gf is coming around on the fish stuff, she went to a swap with me lol, but she still won't put her hands in or near any aquarium. I feel like one of those mechanical crane games you see in arcades and stuff, and she has the controls.

What kind of lighting do you have on your bc? I was looking to see if you posted it earlier in your thread but I counldn't find anything. Thinking of upgrading her bc lighting and curious to see what you've got on yours.

LivingStrong08
geez, you lucked out! My gf is coming around on the fish stuff, she went to a swap with me lol, but she still won't put her hands in or near any aquarium. I feel like one of those mechanical crane games you see in arcades and stuff, and she has the controls.

What kind of lighting do you have on your bc? I was looking to see if you posted it earlier in your thread but I counldn't find anything. Thinking of upgrading her bc lighting and curious to see what you've got on yours.

I think I just deleted the information out two nights ago by accident!! I will add back as I saved everything in Word. :)

I have a 20" 150 W Sunpod, with 14K Phoenix bulb!! It's an awesome light man. I actually have the exact one on a 10g build (seahorse) tank for wifey. She is decorating one of our guest room around the tank and corals... :)

Thunderstruck34

ahh ic I tried to talk her into getting one but she likes the aio hood, but its about time to change the bulbs so im trying to persuade her to just buy a different fixture and get a free new bulb with it. so far not so good.

Just thought id check in on the jizz. looks like it's gone and been replaced by a lot of beautiful coral. Very jealous of the acan colonies. Sorry to here about your fish!

-Dave

LivingStrong08

Sorry guys!!! Just been busy! But here is the best pic I can get of my Assessor.. He is barely coming out now, so better pics will come.. But he is vibrant yellow.. My clowns are jerks and don't leave him be...

009-1.jpg

Thanks for the love with the Acan's here are a few pics of updates growth.. lol, and a few new ones.

005-4.jpg

006-4.jpg

002-2.jpg

001-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived