inTank Media Baskets

FBC's 45gallon

FiReBrEaThInGCuTtLeFiSh!XD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so I'm thinking of grabbing this $40 chalice frag thats around 5.5"X3.5" and keep it in the 10g until I hook up the sunpod. Its not the most stunning chalice, but its a nice geen, the ends are a little brown though I'm sure they'd come back under MH.

Ok so I finally have the sunpod set up and my first marine fish(excluding my bw inhabitants in my 20g), he had a worm imbedded in his tail but a quick fw dip before going in the tank to care of that :D

everyone I'd like you to meet my McCosker's Flasher Wrasse :wub:

prepare to get flashed ;)

IMG_2499.jpg

and him "sleeping" this morning:

IMG_2524.jpg

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Wow that fish is amazing. I wonder if he would fit in anything under 25 gallons lol.

That first pic is awesome by the way, I thought it was the LA pic for a second, really nice.

it took 20 exposures before I got that one. MF is fast as $###. He'll traverse the whole 3ft of the tank in a fraction of a sec. I grabbed him while the MFW wwere still on sale on LA. He's not shy at all, and already knows who feeds him. Its really cute, as soon as the lights goe out he swims straight to on of his "sleeping" spots for the night.

Neato. I was reading Igreen guide and it says carpenters and filamented flasher wrasse are ok for a 20g, but no Mccoskers.

I am gonna start a thread asking, it would be a cool fish to go along with my BSJF and picasso clowns...

thanks for joining in Nebthet. When I first started looking at stocking selections, that was the fisrt fish I saw where I decided right away, have to have one.

However I am having trouble finding a female companion for him online<_<. I'd like to have both a pair of these guys and a pair of Zebra Dartfish and then a Candy Hogfish and maybe a Starry Blenny (over the course of a long time of course)

I hear yeah. When I had my AP24 I was thinking about a long finned fairy wrasse, but I coudn't find one to buy up here. So when I saw Erik selling the Onyx clowns and how reasonable a price they were, I jumped on board for that. It sort of changed the evolution of my tank, but I have always still been considering the wrasses. If the McCoskers Wrasse only get 3 to 3.5 inches, then that is a definate possibility for me as I can still add in 3 more fish of 4 inches or less after I get the 25g set up and the baby moved in with their hopeful mates.

The candy hogfish will be interesting, but the colour pattern appears to be the same as your wrasse if you get the yellow one.

Have you considered an orchid dottyback? They are less aggressive and that would be a major splash of colour in your tank.

Oh.. and found a place you can order a female McCosker's from online.

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDeta...=1014&did=1

• 1 month later...

So yesterday my LFS got my special order fishy! Meet my starry blenny everyone. His favorite spot so far is the mermaids fan:

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

So the starry blenny has outgrown his shyness and is out a lot more in the open(for a blenny at least) and eating like a glutton. It was funny watching one of my asterea snails trying to run away from him so he'd stop eating the algae of it. Also got some great pics of him and updated shots of the tanks I'll post sometime tomorrow after both work and HW

FBC

thanks 1337. Those are the best shots I've gotten of the wrasse so far- he is a fast mofu, but I got some better ones of the blenny

• 3 weeks later...

I got him from LA when they were on sale for $40. Coolest and fastest fish I ever owned, and I'm still really bummed about the bacteria bloom taking him out. Damn I miss him :(

My starry blenny has grown a little in length and a lot in girth. He's just as big a porker as my green spotted puffer :lol: I got a huge tree frag w/ a base as thick as a halfdollar and around 6" height with multiple brances for $8. My yuma has grown and is just massive! seen some tiny snail babies that I'm trying to figure out what they are but they're f#*!in tiny.

I just checked to see if they had some on LA and they do. :D. I'm going to get one when i get my puffer.

you just missed them on sale last week for $40 again. Whats your tanks foot print, they really need at least 3' of swimming space. Watch out for puffers, there really is no reef safe puffer :( and they require special feedings... and eventually they'll try to eat your hand everytime it goes in the tank :lol:

I know everything about puffers :D. My valentini pair was reef safe. But since puffers are personality based some may not be reef safe though. The tank is 4'.

btw: thepufferforum.com if you care.

cool link, I'll have to go take some pics of my gspuffer now :)

Got some new stuff: a while ago I got this huge tree for $8.

Today I brought home:

2 emerald mithrax (they hit the ground running and ate started eating as soon as they got on the rocks :D

1 tiger turbo about the size of my palm

anda rock with around 15 polyps of red yumas for $40

also picked up a small frag of dragon eyes for the 10

• 2 weeks later...

I got some other pics coming but these are the ones already uploaded:

wassssaaaaaapppppp

SBwassssaaaaaap.jpg

cool shots of one of the mithrax eating

Emeraldmithraxeating1.jpg

EmeraldMithraxeating2.jpg

Archived