SaltCritters.com

Wmb's Red Sea Max

wmb_1983

origanal clown fish still hear and very happy.

33489c48.jpg

0c28f4e5.jpg

and another FTS

83e9262b.jpg

hitchhiker still growing

d6d8c3e3.jpg

7a02f912.jpg

moved coral I saved to new spot in tank.

6dffe291.jpg

92153d32.jpg

plate coral i picked up from a local LFS

1734add4.jpg

0de93391.jpg

e7010e3e.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres some other new inhabitants first off a searpent starfish.

890201c9.jpg

an emerald crab

4700887a.jpg

last but not least a coral banded shrimp to replace pepper.

20cae711.jpg

thats all for the moment but lots more to come please feel free to leave questions or comments or even criteques.

Kenya tree growing nicely any one know if i can frag this in the tank and how i would go about it its attached to one of my base pieces of live rock.

45e73ff9.jpg

b9385cae.jpg

another new zoa colony

501da215.jpg

growth of ricardias

7828b5b4.jpg

here is some of my newest inhabitants a blasto frag

c382e0ca.jpg

and a hydrophora frag the person that sold it to me said it was of the braching varity we will see.

f13e20ff.jpg

DSC01116.jpg

and the newest addition is a duncan coral.

DSC01119.jpg

and a last for now is the most recent FTS

DSC01120.jpg

Now bring some comments i wanna get this tread rolling again.

net set of pics im gonna try to show the growth of some of my corals.

Sorry about picture quality on some pictures some taken with my iphone and others taken with camera also im definately not the best photagrapher :mellow:

Slowly but surely it is coming along. You should look for a nice showpiece item! Birdsnest can be inexpensive and would look nice. Or a nice monti cap frag. Your scaping does looks great, get some frags on it!

ya i hear ya its just a money issue really my idea is to get a clam some time soon to put on the shelf at the top.

fingerscrossed

and a few sps

yep still at it and still loving my RSM and the hobby in general.

but.... latly ive been having some cyano issues any help or tips would be appricated

Hi Wmb! Your tank is looking good. Thanks for checking up on me, by the way. I finally updated mine too.

I really like that plate coral you have in there. And excellent choice on the coral banded shrimp. I just got one a couple months ago and she is one of my favs.

Cyano, eh? I had a bad stretch of that too a couple months ago, and I'm still sucking a little out with every water change, but its pretty much beat. I ended up cranking up the skimmer to the point where I was getting fairly wet skimmate, cut back the lights to 7 hours a day, cut back feeding to every other day, and doing a couple 5 gallon water changes a week for a couple weeks and that seemed to zap it.

Best wishes!

hey thanks man i app the complement money is the biggest issue for me comming slow but sure. im going to try to change a few things to help with the cyano issue we will see if it works.

well small update when i did my water change this sunday i switched from regular carbon to chemipure elite/ purigen combo that every one seems to use and have noticed that the cyano seems to be growing slower :) small improvement but still improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

have an issue with alot of the little starfish is there anything that eats them or neway to get rid of them do they have any useful purpose?

was thinking of a harliquin shrimp to help with the starfish problem I have a coral banded shrimp now will they be compatable together? i also have a brittle star will it be safe? and i dont want to buy a harliquin and have it die in a few months cause it eats all of th starfish do u thing it could be self sustaining i have a ton right now

Tank is looking really sweet. Loving the rockscape!

thank you very much for the complement it took a long time to get it the way it looks.

lots of things in the works as of tommarrow I have a tunze 9002 skimmer with stevie t cup and media rack and an vortech MP10 on the way to my doorstep omgomgomg I cant wait to see how these improve my tank.

also still really on the hunt for an ATO for my tank if you have one for sale pm me.

• 3 years later...

Archived