Cultivated Reef

Wmb's Red Sea Max

wmb_1983

Am i reading it wrong or did you add the fish after the tank was one month old??

I added my fish after two weeks and my first corals after three weeks and on thursday i will have my tank for a month. hope that helps with any confusion.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got some new things for fathers day i got a royal gamma, frogspawn, and a blue florida ric pics to come soon as they get all opened up. :)

Looking good. I like your rock work. Don't really know what to tell you about those two corals stuck together though. Good luck

I love the RSM that is my next tank.I want the 250 but it is a little steep. So I will go with the 130d. Tank looks great.That is a GSP on the back. I am new here as well so not to clear on fragging yet.Sure someone will be along soon to help you out. I am sure the RSM God will be stopping in shortly to help. :D Did you order your tank online or LFS?

Brad

I love the RSM that is my next tank.I want the 250 but it is a little steep. So I will go with the 130d. Tank looks great.That is a GSP on the back. I am new here as well so not to clear on fragging yet.Sure someone will be along soon to help you out. I am sure the RSM God will be stopping in shortly to help. :D Did you order your tank online or LFS?

Brad

a green star polyp was my first thought to but its coming out of the long round polyps not a purple mat. and to answer your question I got my RSM secondhand with 10# of live rock and a bunch of foods and supplements for $400 seemed like a good deal to me. unfortnently there are no red sea dealers that i know of in the St. Louis area where i live :angry:

Looking good. I like your rock work. Don't really know what to tell you about those two corals stuck together though. Good luck

hey i like your FNH Im a police officer so i notice those things :) good to have you on. thanks for the complement on the rock work.

time for some new pics my tank under moonlights.

DSC01001.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

my new arrivals for fathers day yay B)

DSC01009.jpg

a royal gramma

DSC01011.jpg

A blue florida ric

DSC01013.jpg

and a frogspawn

DSC01014.jpg

and here they are after put in my tank and opened up fully.

DSC01016.jpg

DSC01017.jpg

and my ric

DSC01023.jpg

and my royal gramma (had to get him to stay still) -_-

DSC01033.jpg

oh and also wanted to say i moved my ever green polyps down to the sand to try to contol them better im going to let them grow over one small rock out front.

Needreefunds

Nice new additions :)

Sorry I missed your frag question back there. If you still want to separate them I usually use a pair of wire cutters / diagonal cutters / dikes call them what you will lol and cut the rock between them. This is easily done if the rock is thin enough. If not a dremel may be used to slice between them. Sometimes the good old hammer and chisel method can be used. I would err on the side of the polyps myself as they usually recover quite quickly IME.

Should any of the purple mat from the polyps be attached scrape them off the rock and either start a new frag or discard the ( hopefully) tiny piece.

HTH some. :)

Nice new additions :)

Sorry I missed your frag question back there. If you still want to separate them I usually use a pair of wire cutters / diagonal cutters / dikes call them what you will lol and cut the rock between them. This is easily done if the rock is thin enough. If not a dremel may be used to slice between them. Sometimes the good old hammer and chisel method can be used. I would err on the side of the polyps myself as they usually recover quite quickly IME.

Should any of the purple mat from the polyps be attached scrape them off the rock and either start a new frag or discard the ( hopefully) tiny piece.

HTH some. :)

hey thanks for the advise i think i will try to seperate off the living polyps this weekend thanks for the advise.

got some new lights just sent in from red sea today

DSC01035.jpg

before

DSC00958.jpg

and after installation

DSC01037.jpg

its amazing how fast the corraline is taking off in my tank it just turned a month old on thursday and i already have good growth on the rocks pump outlets and back glass and ihave to scrape it from the sides and front. i know corraline is a good sign but does it ussually happen this soon?

another thing is how fast my zoas seem to be growing its amazing to watch every thing grow :D

new two weeks ago

1245028673.jpg

and today

DSC01039.jpg

and my new place ment for star polyps im going to let them grow over this rock on the front right side

DSC01038.jpg

my royal gramma is missing in action he likes to hide in a rock. and very seldom shows himself. i didnt see him at all yesterday..... how do i know hes eating i dont want him to die :(

went and picked up a new coral this week end a mushroom coral hope to have pics as soon as it opens al the way :)

• 3 weeks later...

something happened i lost some of my post is any one else having this problem i will re do it when i get time this week end

yes,, there is even a message on the main forum about it.

Some call it: the great Nano-Reef crash of 09'

it happend a couple of day ago and it wiped all messages posted of the 13 days before. Just pick up the peaces ,repost your pics and hope it doesn't happen again.

• 3 weeks later...
nkUnleashed
yes,, there is even a message on the main forum about it.

Some call it: the great Nano-Reef crash of 09'

it happend a couple of day ago and it wiped all messages posted of the 13 days before. Just pick up the peaces ,repost your pics and hope it doesn't happen again.

I like it! :)

Wmb - tank looks like it is coming along nicely! I started my tank just a couple days after yours. Feel free to PM me. Just curious, are you running the stock skimmer, and are you having any microbubble issues still? I am and people are telling me to just scrap the skimmer. Lemme know how its going with you.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

lots going on lots of new things time to bring this thread back to life tons new pics and hopefully a video to come. will start tommarow.

ok ive said it time to make it true when i first let my thread go when the sight crashed im not going to do a whole lot of talking just do sort of a picture update then keep it alive with words and update pics from there.

so with out further adew lets get to some pictures.

DSC01057.jpg

DSC01056.jpg

a mushroom i bought that has just taken off

DSC01052.jpg

DSC01051.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

DSC01060.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

this is the frag i broke off the evergreen poloyp it is doing well too as you will see.

DSC01058.jpg

this is an very pissed kenya tree i bought

DSC01047.jpg

sorry one i missed

DSC01046.jpg

some watermelon or eagle eye zoas i bought with the kenya tree and leather

any help with id would be apprricated.

some fun with my crab playing cliffhanger

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01042.jpg

DSC01043.jpg