Innovative Marine Aquariums

NeoMarine Reef Salt from Brightwell Aquatics.

davidr2340

But what's with NR's hating on RC'ers? And vice versa? I don't get it.

I use RC for all the general knowledge, plus there's a ton more amount of info there, but I choose here, because obviously this site is dedicated to "nano" tanks. I'm not interested in putting together a 200g tank.

Different mindsets and approaches. Notice though that you can't link to many other reef forums on RC though ;) There was also some drama between the to sites not to long ago.

50 more posts there and I can have my personalized avatar! -_-

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Different mindsets and approaches. Notice though that you can't link to many other reef forums on RC though ;) There was also some drama between the to sites not to long ago.

50 more posts there and I can have my personalized avatar! -_-

I did notice that. When I try and link someone to come here, I have to do it like this: www.nano-reef .com

I did notice that. When I try and link someone to come here, I have to do it like this: www.nano-reef .com

Don't let 'em catch you doing that bro... You'll get the BANHAMMER!!! :mellow:

No way. It's that bad? *shakes head*

yes. your sig here would at a minimum disappear or earn you a time out.

Someone buy a bucket already and test it, this is getting old, marine depot, salty supply, aand aquarium specialty all have it in stock.

Nope. Decided it's too risky right now. I went with TMP instead. A FAR better choice than the "unknown".

Why are you using the pro?

I also use TM, but the pro is for tanks with calcium reactors.

My LFS switched their premix sw from IO to Brightwell NeoMarine. I just got 5 gal to do a water change and I ran some tests on it.

Salinity: 1.023-1.024

Ph: 8.3 (API)

Cal: 360 (Elos)

Alk: 8-9 (API)

Mg: 1150 (Elos)

The perams seem low from what they advertise.

I have bought 15 gal of NeoMarine premixed from the store and I have already posted my test results.

Yea, your results were lower than that of the advertised amount.

But did your LFS mix it the way Brightwell's directions say to? Or did your LFS add more water to make it ~1.023 because its cheaper and they can get more for their money??? Because a lower salinity should cause the Cal and Mag to be a little lower since their values came from salt mixed to 1.025 not ~1.023. And as for the Alk I would not trust an API test to save my life so...

Yea, your results were lower than that of the advertised amount.

But did your LFS mix it the way Brightwell's directions say to? Or did your LFS add more water to make it ~1.023 because its cheaper and they can get more for their money??? Because a lower salinity should cause the Cal and Mag to be a little lower since their values came from salt mixed to 1.025 not ~1.023. And as for the Alk I would not trust an API test to save my life so...

I dont think .001-.002 is going to bring up the cal and mg levels anywhere close to what they advertised imo. I will see if they will give me a sample to mix up at home.

I will see if they will give me a sample to mix up at home.

Good luck. I tried to talk Chris into doing that, and he said the only sample's went to some huge Reef convention.

Good luck. I tried to talk Chris into doing that, and he said the only sample's went to some huge Reef convention.

I was talking about my LFS not BA... :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

im picking up my bucket tomorrow, and i also will post the results. here and on my build thread so you all know how the tank reacts! hey, i use only brightwell products, and never, ever had a problem or worry. so i doubt very highly that i will with theyre salt!!!

I was told this past weekend they'll be switching over their tanks and stocking in the next couple weeks. Sounds like they're still waiting for a shipment.

So its out for sale? If so where...???

Does vivid really have this stuff?

I was told this past weekend they'll be switching over their tanks and stocking in the next couple weeks. Sounds like they're still waiting for a shipment.

vivid now has the salt they called me yesterday

• 1 month later...

Well... picked up a bucket of this salt today!!! It'll be a few weeks until I get into using it, as my D-D isn't quite gone yet.

B)

Well... picked up a bucket of this salt today!!! It'll be a few weeks until I get into using it, as my D-D isn't quite gone yet.

B)

Return it if you can. Stick with DD.

Archived