SaltCritters.com

NeoMarine Reef Salt from Brightwell Aquatics.

davidr2340

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might be helpful to see a spec sheet. I've tried some of thier other products and they seem to make quality stuff.

Might be helpful to see a spec sheet. I've tried some of thier other products and they seem to make quality stuff.

Agreed. The stuff they make does seem to be high quality.

If I can "find" some locally, or get one of the many LFS's to get their hands on some, I will buy it.

I love Brightwell products. Never heard of a salt having "hype", but we'll see.

I currently use TMP, btw.

The Propagator

I bet Doctor Fosters and Smith will. I like ordering my salt form them because they don't charge you extra freight for it like every one else does. It costs me about $12.00 to get it shipped to my door and I can usually end up adding to that up to a certain value before the shipping jumps any higher.

The fella that started Brightwell Aquatics is actually a former employee of Kent Marine. I believe he was the lead Chemist there. He wasn't happy with the quality they were putting out ( or so the story goes that has been circulating any way ) so he started his own company offering higher quality additives.

I bet Doctor Fosters and Smith will.

They don't even offer a full line of Brightwell products. :(

It would be nice if they carried it. I will give them a ring, and see what they say.

Well, called DFS and MD, and neither one has any info on the product.

MD "said" they are in the works of "trying" to stock and sell the product, but said as of now, they won't be selling it. It seems when I told him about the product, he knew right away what it was. I told him it was supposed to be out Monday, and when would be a good day to call about the new product, and he said try again Wednesday.

However, he "sounded" like MD may not be carrying it.

Any ideas where to get this stuff? My local LFS carry pieces of the line, not one store has ALL the marine stuff, so I've been ordering online for the Brightwell stuff.

I contacted Dr FS and they said that they don't know if they will have it. Though they said that they will get new products in this month... lets find out.

Email/Call Brightwell and ask them what vendor will will have it.

It's not even on their website. And neither is their new Zeo line that I have already.

I just sent an e-mail to them. Hopefully they will know... otherwise, it's a waiting game.

• 1 month later...

My LFS switched their premix sw from IO to Brightwell NeoMarine. I just got 5 gal to do a water change and I ran some tests on it.

Salinity: 1.023-1.024

Ph: 8.3 (API)

Cal: 360 (Elos)

Alk: 8-9 (API)

Mg: 1150 (Elos)

The perams seem low from what they advertise.

Your salinity is also low, but I'm not sure if it's enough to make up the difference in the numbers.

My lfs has it for $50 a bucket.

Your salinity is also low, but I'm not sure if it's enough to make up the difference in the numbers.

My lfs has it for $50 a bucket.

Yes. It is a lttle low.... But not much. I want to see what other people are getting in their mixes. And my lfs is selling their buckets for $50 as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, I too "want" it to be a good salt, but the results are a little fishy. I e-mailed Chris about this, and I'm eagerly awaiting his response. I also asked which lab(s) were used in the testing.

But what's with NR's hating on RC'ers? And vice versa? I don't get it.

I use RC for all the general knowledge, plus there's a ton more amount of info there, but I choose here, because obviously this site is dedicated to "nano" tanks. I'm not interested in putting together a 200g tank.

Archived