SaltCritters.com

YellowPony's Biocube 29 Journal

The_Yellow_Pony

The_Yellow_Pony

Woo for updates..sorry I've been very busy..

pH=8.2

Nitrate=0

Nitrite=0

Ammonia=0

WOOOOOOOOOO!

I will probably be adding my clowns in the next week or so.

and now I'm off to the LFS for some..........who knows? goodies!

We'll see what they have.

I will update with pics once I grab a sponge to get my corners ^_^

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Yellow_Pony

Wow...look at me post whoring in my own thread...

Nothing good at the LFS :( but that's ok....I know a certain someone who is sending me a sick coral pack this week... ;)

Please excuse the small amount of algae on the sand...

Proof I have a pep(there are 2 but they only show themselves 1 at a time)

100_3855.jpg?t=1245617019

Pearl face(no one has offered any better names so I think it's gonna stick) looking confused about this invader of his den:

100_3862.jpg?t=1245617075

Looking fat after breakfast:

100_3867.jpg?t=1245617156

Almost FTS:

100_3877.jpg?t=1245617182

GSP, flower nem, macro, a smidge of frogspawn:

100_3883.jpg?t=1245617201

I will take a nice FTS after I algae scrub today.

Hope everyone is enjoying the pics...I haven't posted any in a while.

EDIT: More Pics!

100_3884.jpg?t=1245626589

100_3888.jpg?t=1245626605

100_3904.jpg?t=1245626621

FTS!!

100_3891.jpg?t=1245626664

The_Yellow_Pony

One can assume you like it? :D

My coral pack is coming from

the one.....

the only.......................

I guess I'll hold off on sharing until I get it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

The_Yellow_Pony

Ninja FTW :D

Its being shipped tomorrow....or Tuesday depending on a father's day hangover or not :P

I am STOKED.

Mynameskenny19

Yeah dude, your biocube is definately awesome! I'm still waiting for mine : (

You should try to get a green or blue bubble coral in there somewhere, that'd be pretty sweet!

Are you using a skimmer at all?

The_Yellow_Pony

Right now I do not have a skimmer. I will be adding one at some point...not sure when though.

I do really like the green bubbles. My gf likes "the wiggly stuff" so as longs as it moves in the current, I'm golden.

I heard the most incredible statement tonight coming from her. "Do whatever you want babe, I don't mind".

FREE REIGN TO DO WHATEVER....until she gets mad...then the permissions will be taken away :P

Thanks for the compliments!

It had been so long since I had set up an aquarium when I got my BC....I was, well still am....STOKED!

Mynameskenny19

Cool. I'm going to try out one of those Odyssea skimmers from aquatraders.com. If it's not good, Ima have to DIY something up to make it work good :P

Oooh! My lfs has a frag of blue bubble coral about the size of a golfball for $60 i think. After my tank gets set up and all stable and whatnot, I'm going to see if i can talk them down on the price and then use my friends discount! lol

OMG! Those are the best words to hear EVER when it comes from your girlfriend!!! lol Especially in the reefing department :lol:

And youre welcome, I've got lots of catching up though. Any other corals you plan on keeping?

The_Yellow_Pony

Haha..yeah, definitely the best to hear from the gf!

She deals with all of my expensive hobbies...snakes, fish, cars.... she's a keeper :D

I plan on keeping mostly softies.

Assorted shrooms...rics yumas etc

Assorted zoas

maybe some leathers.

I would love a neon green plate...I almost brought one home today but I want to let the tank even out a smidge before it comes home.

I am getting a coral pack from one of the NR members sometime this week...super excited about it.

awesome tank, love the purple coraline look! and the corals are very nice... i bet pictures dont do justice to how good it looks!!

keep it up!! cyaa :P

Mynameskenny19

Yeah, definately a keeper! Haha, I don't have to worry bout mine cuz she don't live with me! lol

Coolio, that's what Im thinking about too, except for the leathers, I don't really like the look of most of them.

Hey, have you seen my old tank? My 75g bay biotope in my signature.

It used to be pretty cool, but then we kinda let it go and it survived, so we got back on to taking care of it again. It's pretty awesome now, cuz we test it every Monday and there's NEVER any ammonia, nitrite, or nitrates! All we do is just add water to top it off! Then once a month we change out 20g with fresh baywater.

We still have 2 black rockfish in there and they're around 4" now, we've raised them from about a half inch long to what they are now, pretty awesome! And we also have a small kelp green ling too! Check it out man!

The_Yellow_Pony

I will def. check it out. I don't live close enough to fresh baywater to have that access :(

You're lucky! :P

Mynameskenny19

Yeah, I have access to bay water about a 1/4 mile east of me and ocean water about 1/8 mile to the west of me! We live on a peninsula in Northern California in Humboldt county. Pretty awesome.

The_Yellow_Pony

Well...................

ph=8.2

Nitrite=0

Nitrate=0

Ammonia=0 :D

I am.........................................................

Dripping the clownies from the old tank. They were....interesting to catch...I am rusty on my fish catching game :P

Pics once everything settles down B)

EDIT:

I lied...a pic now...more later:

100_3945.jpg?t=1245712251

The_Yellow_Pony

Super awesome coral is on it's way...well, I dont know if t shipped yet but one of NR's super awesome members is hooking me up with some top notch shiznit :D

I'll get some better clown pics once their in the tank :P

The_Yellow_Pony

Haha...no problem dude :P

Sooooooo......

100_3951.jpg?t=1245715378

Now yes, one clown has 1 lower fin......If I hear any Nemo, etc comments.... it's over B)

100_3952.jpg?t=1245715458

FTS..............Clowns and Jawfish included!

100_3962.jpg?t=1245715469

awww poor little nemo lol. Just kidding, that movie caused many innocent fish to die :(

I want your jawfish lol

The_Yellow_Pony

lol...I'll let the comment slide...for now!

I love my Jawfish. He has become much more alert since the new additions....haha

The clowns are diggin' the current...the little dude swims right at the k1 and then just let's himself get pushed away.

They have both become very active since moving from this....

100_3341.jpg?t=1245715858

to this:

100_3962.jpg?t=1245715893

Talk about an upgrade!

Archived