Top Shelf Aquatics

YellowPony's Biocube 29 Journal

The_Yellow_Pony

yeah i loved my blue spotted jawfish!! however it lost to ich today :(

also you will need a deeper sandbed for one...

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Yellow_Pony

I'm sorry to hear that... :tears:

Yeah, I will add probably another inch I think.

and...I'm trying to decide whether or not to add my clowns first...or to add one or two others.... I think I might go with a purple firefish....maybe a Helfrichi Firefish...my stock list keeps getting more expensive...lol

Any issue between the jawfish and other inhabitants?

air_puffer

the fish from your 1st or dirty tank you took a pic off

i was wondering if they died since i dont see them in your bc

The_Yellow_Pony

Oh, no...I still have them. The are chilling in the old tank until the BC is cycled fully...which honestly looks like it will only be a week or so from now...not even

air_puffer
Oh, no...I still have them. The are chilling in the old tank until the BC is cycled fully...which honestly looks like it will only be a week or so from now...not even

coo coo

how long did your cycle take?

The_Yellow_Pony

Honestly, it has been happening extremely fast. The tank is 9 days old. I think it is cycling so fast due to the fact that all LR was 99.9% cured. My Diatoms died off last night, pretty much overnight.

The little feather duster finally showing itself:

100_3346.jpg?t=1244402317

Frogspawn being uber happy:

100_3347.jpg?t=1244402466

FTS with the smaller feather out:

100_3342.jpg?t=1244402586

The_Yellow_Pony

Thanks a bunch dude!

My thread is going to be forever long....I have been posting updates daily and plan to for...well...as long as I can. It will also help me keep a proper log of my levels as I tend to stop writing them down. I figure...if I make myself update daily, then I will have a record of everything.

The_Yellow_Pony

I got bored so here's some more pics! Please excuse the incorrect dates on the pics...I didn't realize I had turned on the timestamp...and its a year and some days off

Left hand side:

100_3392.jpg?t=1244406901

Right hand side:

100_3394.jpg?t=1244406363

The two biggest button polyps looking happy:

100_3388.jpg?t=1244406453

2 hermits plotting something shady:

100_3382.jpg?t=1244406531

2 snails hanging with the little duster:

100_3369.jpg?t=1244406625

Can you tell I love my frogspawn yet?

100_3364.jpg?t=1244406678

Big duster:

100_3399.jpg?t=1244406759

Flower nem chilling:

100_3375.jpg?t=1244406819

looks awesome!!

i say move the rocks with the dusters on the ground next to eashother so you can make a zoa or ric island. but thats just my opinion.

The_Yellow_Pony

Which rocks?

The duster up top has a wicked long tube....

I was thinking of making the rock up front with the little duster it's own little zoa island.

I want to do a plate up front on the left hand side sandbed... I am thinking a green plate....the oranges are cool too though.....sooooo many choices.

If you can't tell, I love threads with pics....they are much more interesting... :happydance:

The_Yellow_Pony

That green plate is badass!

Haha..I see what you're saying... I think that big duster is gonna stay where he is.... I have never seen anything produce more mucus when irritated. He is sooooo messy!

Thanks for loving my pics! I have a "macro adapter" for my kodak easyshare that is supposed to be coming tomorrow. I hope it works out as advertised and I'll be able to get some nice macro shots.

I cannot believe how happy my frogspawn and xenia are...the xenia extends taller everyday... I had to move my K1 up about 1.5" because it was getting itself sucked in.

The_Yellow_Pony

I would say, fully extended....it is currently about 7" from it's base the the furthest tip. That thing is diesel. It had a small stalk that dropped off and was free floating...I am curious as to whether or not I am going to see it pop up somewhere else.

yeah they do that sometimes.

mine did that once, but my hammer coral then fell on the mother colony and the small frag and stung them to death :(

The_Yellow_Pony

That stinks....I am curious as to where it's going to show up if it does.

So I want some GSP....but I don't know where I want to put is.... Maybe attach it to my back wall....but I'm not sure.... I just want to make sure I can frag it as it grows out of hand like it tends to do.

i have some on my back wall and to frag ot i just razor blade it off, very easy. alos they look good in sand beds.

The_Yellow_Pony

Wanna frag some for me? ;)

I was thinking the sand bed too...just trimming the mat when it gets too unruly.

Maybe down front...between the location for the plate and the frogspawn...hmmm....

if you pay for shipping i will be happy to give you a free frag ;)

however i recently fragged it and i will need to wait for it to grow out again.

The_Yellow_Pony

Sweet dude....Just let me know when it's ready!

I guess that means I'll owe you once my stuff starts growing ;)

I plan to have it stocked....really stocked...lol

whoa... i just noticed... is that pokemon pictures above your fishtank :P

also it looks like you are into reptiles. nice. i love my gecko.

what type of reptiles do you have?

The_Yellow_Pony

Yes they are...lol... My gf loves to draw them. Yup, there are 2 stacks of snake racks to the right and a planted terrarium to the left.

If you want to check out my snake pics.... check out my Mypace: Click for myspace

I have a ton of pics up there

Edit:

We have mostly snakes, a leopard gecko, a bearded dragon...we also have a tarantula, 5 cats and 2 birds....it's a zoo!

I vote for some pics of that sexy Exo Terra...is that the 18x18x24? I'm currently building one out right now, so much fun.

The_Yellow_Pony

here you go:

l_494fa99d737638823870e985675d30fc.jpg

yup, 18x18x24

I might have another pic...if I do, I will try and locate it for you :D

Archived