ReefCleaners.org

Ldogg's 3g JBJ Picotope @ Work

Ldogg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks. I am looking to see if I can put 8 LED's in the stock fixture, I know Nanocustoms is playing with the idea, so we will see. either way the new light should be here soon.

GaTechKoko

What kind of RKL are you running 1, 2 or 3? I am thinking about getting a controller for my pico and have been doing a bunch of readings from people on nano-reef and reefcentral. All the people that get Digital Aquatics stuff seem to have become die hards. It seems like a good product and I am trying to figure out which level I would need. So if you have any suggestions please enlighten me.

that is an RKL1. I only needed 1 power strip, and the temp probe, so it's plenty for me. the more you need though, the better it is to buy up. you get a better deal then buying modules later. what are you looking to control?

with established rock, sand and water from a 120g tank that's been running for 2 years, I think it's fine. considering the rock and sand went in a bucket with a heater, and a minijet 400 on the 15 minute ride to work, and a added a vial of prodibio after setting up, I figured I could skip the cycle, considering where the rock sand and water came from. I did a small water change, and tested the water before he went in, and I will test again tomorrow when I stop by. if I notice the params are out of wack, well he can take a ride to the house and hang out in my 50g prop system. :)

I dropped 2 pellets in there, and he picks at them but spit them out. I feed all my other fish formula 1 and 2 pellets, and prime reef flake, along with frozen mysis, spirulna brine, and a few others.... I might bring some flake in tomorrow when I stop in, and see if he will eat that,.

I dropped 2 pellets in there, and he picks at them but spit them out. I feed all my other fish formula 1 and 2 pellets, and prime reef flake, along with frozen mysis, spirulna brine, and a few others.... I might bring some flake in tomorrow when I stop in, and see if he will eat that,.

I have the same fish in my pico and it did the same thing - refused the pellets. I have been feeding formula 1 flake since then without any issues.

Just a question on the reef keeper - it seems a bit overkill. I like cool electronic devices as much as the next guy, but am wondering what this thing would be needed for besides a fancy light timer and heater controller. What is the advantage over a couple of analog light timers?

Cool! You got a damsel in there. I have the same tank but no fish. Are damsels a good fish for such a small tank? I've read some threads and they seem to recommend gobys. Are there any clowns I could get? Damsels seem cool and small enough.

Clowns are a definate no. The damsel is probably pushing it, but he's only an inch right now worst case I can move him to my 50gallon prop system if he gets to big. As far as the RKL, yeah it's a little overkill :) It has 1 pc4 powerstrip, and controls the heater and light. It will also control the fuge light and a chiller or fan if I need them. Basically if temp equals 80 turn fan/chiller on, if below off. I have an RKE on my 120, and soon an RKL on my prop system. I just love the ease of use, and how they work.

so I brought in prime reef flake, and he tore it up. my fish at home go nutz for it, so I should have figured he would too... :D I am going to grab a couple trochus snails and a BL hermit from my 120 tomorrow morning, and a couple zoa frags as well. need to bring in my XSi to take some good tank pics.

thanks. I just bought one of these for a fuge light,

TA6131_99.jpg

and it should be here wednesday. I am going to bring in my dremmel, and cut a hole in the lid the sie of the light, snake the arm around, and have that laying right on top of the lid. that's the plan anyway... :D

right now it's the JBJ picotope light, I am going to add the nanocustoms LED retro to that fixture, it's actually ordered, and they are working on it. they are working on adding more LED's to that fixture, so I am planning on having them do that to my retro before it's shipped. possibly 8 3w LEDs if it works out.

Thanks, i bought one off someone who broke their picotope and someone asked me in my build thread if you can get them...

i called one of these numbers from their site, and ordered them.

(310) 672-4021 or (310) 672-4099

Archived