Cultivated Reef

CADLIGHTS 12G

reeftankguy

Just playin with a Nikon D40... Need to work on the ISO & Aperture settings...

TailspotAcanFields.jpg

WOW those frags look GREAT!!! I played around with my camera settings and what a difference...check out mu tank thread to see what I mean.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Cool, I'm getting a CAD 12 next month. It will be my first SW tank. I really like the zoa garden idea!

yaaa anothe caddddyyy! just ordered mine! how do you like yours?

It is a great tank... Well made... You should both be pleased with it and enjoy it...

Here in the next couple of months mine will become a Frag/Grow out tank... I will be moving

everything from it to an ADA 60P system I am currently putting together...

I highly recommend to both of you to get a ATO for yours... I had a lot of evaporation...

Results so far on a Temporary Lighting Experiment....

I have removed my LED Unit and am running a 20" NEP with 6 of the new UVL-R's on my CAD12G...

My tank did real well with the led's growth wise (corals) But since putting the NEP over them I was astonished at the faster growth rate of my acans... All produce 1 to 2 new babies each in the last 3 weeks :o and my Zoa’s circumferences are bigger

So I'm like Hmmmmmmm... Controllable LED's give great color and great PAR numbers but I'm thinking that they def don’t output the same type of spectrum of T5's….

So I'm like Hmmmmmmm... Controllable LED's give great color and great PAR numbers but I'm thinking that they def don’t output the same type of spectrum of T5's….

Well, that is interesting, but it does jive with what some people have reported regarding LEDs. I'm hoping my combo T5/LED setup will give the best of both worlds.

Nice bunch of frags (especially like those Acans) and tank looks super!

• 4 weeks later...
Just playin with a Nikon D40... Need to work on the ISO & Aperture settings...

TailspotAcanFields.jpg

That picture makes me happy!

Myself, I'm trying to get into grad school to get Ph.D. But for now I'm still hangin' my hat at LSUHSC.

Hey dude! Yeah he is still alive and well... Just start another tank and I will sell him to you for $200...

Did I mention he is trained and does tricks for food!

Just kidding...He isnt for sale...

Anyway... Glad to see you still lurk around here :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome tank and awesome thread! It was great to see the progression of it all!

As far as lighting you mentioned NEP, may I ask what that is? I haven't been on here in ages so I don't really know today's lingo. Darn all you hipsters! :P

I have removed my LED Unit and am running a 20" NEP with 6 of the new UVL-R's on my CAD12G...

My tank did real well with the led's growth wise (corals) But since putting the NEP over them I was astonished at the faster growth rate of my acans... All produce 1 to 2 new babies each in the last 3 weeks :o and my Zoa’s circumferences are bigger

are you just using the stock NEP bulbs?

Awesome tank and awesome thread! It was great to see the progression of it all!

As far as lighting you mentioned NEP, may I ask what that is? I haven't been on here in ages so I don't really know today's lingo. Darn all you hipsters! :P

Welcome back darkspy... Nova Extreme Pro (NEP) 20" 6 bulbs...

are you just using the stock NEP bulbs?

They are the new 30w HO T-5 UVL-R's from NanoTuners.com...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Boo!

STFU Tard & GTFO!

I want to do an ACAN only tank. Can you share some haha

Acanz are great and they produce more heads faster than any coral I have...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived