Cultivated Reef

CADLIGHTS 12G

reeftankguy

Great to see the little fella found a good home :)

How's that enormous hermit crab working out for you? I used to have the Hawaiian 'Holloween' hermits and they were so active that they'd knock frags off the rocks.

Nice clams. How are they doing under the LEDs?

Thanks Dude!

I call him Dozer! He knocks stuff over but does a great job keeping my sand bed turned over... So I keep him around!

The clams (2 maxi's and a Croeca) are doing great sunbathing under the LED's...

The Spot is doing great now... When I got him his belly was sunk in... He loves the Spirulina flakes I feed him...

Your tank is looking great... as usual...

Jon...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reeftankguy

Picked up this Dendro in Houston Sunday... $20+tax... 3 heads with 2 new sprouts on the backside...

Its a pig when I feed it! Glad I bought it... Its a very cool addition!

Today3-5-10.jpg

Nano sapiens

Nice Dendro and a good deal for $20!

I know my Acans can eat pretty good, but I heard these guys can really pig-out.

reeftankguy
Nice Dendro and a good deal for $20!

I know my Acans can eat pretty good, but I heard these guys can really pig-out.

Thanks NS... Feeding them are the highlight of my evenings :D

• 3 weeks later...
Picked up this Dendro in Houston Sunday... $20+tax... 3 heads with 2 new sprouts on the backside...

Its a pig when I feed it! Glad I bought it... Its a very cool addition!

Today3-5-10.jpg

Can you tell me where you purchased that Dendro? I live in houston, and just started my first tank, and looking for new places to check out. Thanks

reeftankguy

Thanks Patrick...

I had a Patrick Bush in my HS class (RCH) in New York named Patrick Bush...

Im a Busch too... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
TheNordCelt
Thanks Patrick...

I had a Patrick Bush in my HS class (RCH) in New York named Patrick Bush...

Im a Busch too... ;)

That's funny, I always thought I was the only one, but I'm always meeting people who know a patrick bush, I'm starting to think some one is using my identity!

• 4 weeks later...
reeftankguy
That's funny, I always thought I was the only one, but I'm always meeting people who know a patrick bush, I'm starting to think some one is using my identity!

Q : Who is that guy over there?

A: I think thats one of those Patrick Bush guys :lol:

TheNordCelt
Q : Who is that guy over there?

A: I think thats one of those Patrick Bush guys :lol:

Ha! :lol:

How are you liking the LED's? I was a little disappointed with the colors at first, but once i got them blended at the right intensity I'm pretty pleased.

reeftankguy

I've always liked them since the day I finished my build... Havent had any problems or fried/Bleached livestock... The colors are amazing...

The only drawback I had was all my coraline algae died, but since then it is all coming back...

Just added 8 Zoa frags to the tank, so I have the LED's dimmed to acclamate them slowly... Should be at full power again in a few weeks... ;) Will update with a FTS then...

TheNordCelt
I've always liked them since the day I finished my build... Havent had any problems or fried/Bleached livestock... The colors are amazing...

The only drawback I had was all my coraline algae died, but since then it is all coming back...

Just added 8 Zoa frags to the tank, so I have the LED's dimmed to acclamate them slowly... Should be at full power again in a few weeks... ;) Will update with a FTS then...

Thats cool, my Zoas are the ones that seem to have suffered the most, I had some eagle eyes and they just don't look the same.

reeftankguy
Dude! Your tank is amazing. Great job.

Thanks... Love those ADA's, Hopefully I'll have a 45C soon as they re-stock, I hate seeing (SOLD OUT)

nice tank but i like the first led case you had first looking good

Thanks Moto... The first Fixture was just to much "Bling"

Loved your "Zoa's" Tread!

Jon...

reeftankguy

My clams are loving the LED's, My teardorp pisses me off everytime I take a picture it retracts a little...

P4240004.jpg

TheNordCelt
My clams are loving the LED's, My teardorp pisses me off everytime I take a picture it retracts a little...

P4240004.jpg

i know this is cliche, but nice clam!

TheNordCelt
Thanks Patrick!

I need to stop by your Build thread and see what is new with you! ;)

Yeah, I've changed the scape a bit, and set up a second biocube adn a few new pics.

reeftankguy

:lol:

Yes I am... I sold my 5 head Dendro, so after a few weeks of these settling in I'm going to Zoa out!

So your finally gonna stock this thing? :happy:

:o Hey wait a minute! I had stuff in there already!

Nano sapiens
:lol:

Yes I am... I sold my 5 head Dendro, so after a few weeks of these settling in I'm going to Zoa out!

:o Hey wait a minute! I had stuff in there already!

LOL...

I liked the Dendro, but they do require quite a bit of feeding to be happy campers.

Hope you have a good 'Pod eater in there with the Zoas!

Archived