Cultivated Reef

125 gallon Zoatopia :)

purplefirefish

purplefirefish
Youre about 2.5 hours away from me, keep me in mind if you ever frag stuff, Id trust something coming from just a few hours away. Im fixing to start stocking my 75, I have about 120lbs of LR, 80lbs of LS, a peppermint, a cleaner, a yellow watchmen, a hippo, and a maroon clown. I also Have a baby BTA that my clown loves. and some random zoas. oh and 1 piece of birdsnest. Im running (2) 250 se MHs and 2 t5s for actinics

where are you located?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fsu1dolfan

Great looking tank....love the scape too. Cant wait to see more progress!!

I am getting ready to move to a new house in a couple of months and i am already trying to figure out what, where, and when to get a bigger tank....i want at least 100 plus....for now though my 29 bio cube rocks but there is nothing like starting from the begining..... good job :)

purplefirefish
Pensacola. I just updated my profile

ah funnn.

we were there not that long ago

purplefirefish

i wish i was an expert shipper... i'd post this list of specials a guy has here and ship them out to whoever wanted some...

sexy shrimp... 3 for 12.00

helfrichi firefish 2 for 49.00

duncans 6.00/head

occ clowns 5.95/ea

firefish 3.85/ea

purple firefish 12/ea

yasha haze goby 19/ea

naso tang 13/ea

powder blue tang 22/ea

pink/red yuma 40/1 leaf

and the list has probably a 1000 items listed...

omgomgomg

whattup32533

wow, good prices, I want some more zoas though, even with all my goood lighting I still like zoas

purplefirefish
wow, good prices, I want some more zoas though, even with all my goood lighting I still like zoas

they have a bunch of zoas on the list... 9.00 for small colonies... but it doesnt have colors/names

unless your hand is swelling or it's eating your corals... don't even bother being bothered. they are more then likely eating tank poo

purplefirefish
unless your hand is swelling or it's eating your corals... don't even bother being bothered. they are more then likely eating tank poo

well it fell out of a rock i was moving around... so he got flushed lol.

u have a flaming prawn goby how is he and is he paired with the shrimp i would like some info on them for i might be getting some. :)

purplefirefish
Holy cow that filled in quick!

the sad part...

the only new items i bought came from carltons tank.... the ones i posted earlier in this thread lol

everything else came from the 30 and 10 gallon tank :blink:

u have a flaming prawn goby how is he and is he paired with the shrimp i would like some info on them for i might be getting some. :)

i put them in the 3 gallon tank... ive only seen them once since lol and that was last night during feeding time.... i cant say id recommend anyone buying one unless you get it as cheap as i did $28.00

i heard they are very shy but acclimate and come out more and i believe they are nocturnal. where did u get it for that much?

purplefirefish
i heard they are very shy but acclimate and come out more and i believe they are nocturnal. where did u get it for that much?

a guy here runs a "fish store" out of his laundry room lol... he orders whole sale once a week and he marks up all live items 30% and not 300%

purplefirefish
omg i wish u could ship. :o

blue spotted jaw fish for $39 his prices are crazyy

so if you have a local reef club and you have a large group of people wanting to order stuff i'd imagine his supplier would probably sell to you... all of their contact info is on the email list he sends out if anyone wants it to give it a try...

in todays economy i cant imagine any retailer shooting down a large order :P

purplefirefish
The tank looks very nice pff. The rock work almost got lost under all of the livestock.

haha its lost....

i moved most of the zoas onto the rocks now

the sad part...

the only new items i bought came from carltons tank.... the ones i posted earlier in this thread lol

everything else came from the 30 and 10 gallon tank :blink:

How did you manage to cram all that in those two tanks?

purplefirefish
How did you manage to cram all that in those two tanks?

i think it looked better in the 30 then it does now...

all of the colors have kind of dulled out on the zoas.

peewee1467

at first i thought the topic said 12 gallon and then i realized it was 125 and i was like damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnUHGIUAENF&$*Q#U#ROIAHF

hahahhaha :)

really nice tank

Archived