Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

125 gallon Zoatopia :)

purplefirefish

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
purplefirefish

actually theres only 70lb's of that rock in the tank... and about 20 or so more in the fuge...

the center piece is 50lbs and the rest are all super light! i love this rock :)

all of the "base" rocks holding up my scape are sunk all the way down to the bottom of the tank... hopefully this will keep everything from digging under them and causing everything to tumble down lol

should also mention the sand bed isnt that deep, its just really uneven at the moment. the back of the tank is almost barebottom.

WHOA that rock is SICK

Do you want to buy 10 lbs and ship it to me? :haha:

i bought all they had :P

if he gets another shipment in i'll let you know

purplefirefish

i tested the water for the first time today (3rd full day in the tank)...

The API tests:

Nitrite: .025

Ammonia: 0

pH: 8.2

The Salifert Test:

Nitrate: 50ppm

Alk: 9.6dkh

Calcium: 350ppm

I dosed for the calcium and alk to bring em up a bit.

omg... I LOVE your rocks!

why do you have the nozzle on your koralia, though?

purplefirefish
omg... I LOVE your rocks!

why do you have the nozzle on your koralia, though?

well they arent anymore lol... they pop off like crazy!

seems in every picture theres a hidden nozzle... almost like the wheres waldo game?

2 are currently sitting in the garabge and 2 are tucked away in the back of the rocks that im not going swimming for :P

purplefirefish

have any of you tried acclimating a whole fish tank?

instead of removing all of the coral and fish from the 30 gallon and using the drip method

i was thinking this would work... i could just remove 5-10 gallons of water per day from the 30 and replace it by 5-10 gallons of water from the 125. After doing this for a few days the 30's water would be the 125's...

thoughts?

purplefirefish
Sweet upgrade

hows italy?

WANT!

one of my room mates surprised me with them :)

he got the whole lot for 200.00 (20 rics and a bunch of them have several mouths)

very nice dude.....i have like 2700 invested in my RSM right now so i feel ur pain....and i'm not done yet!!! lol

purplefirefish
very nice dude.....i have like 2700 invested in my RSM right now so i feel ur pain....and i'm not done yet!!! lol

yea mine will be all up and pretty for hurricane season. :mellow:

purplefirefish

the CUC has arrived....

and they're all looking a little like this... omgomgomg:lockdown::haha::grouphug:

the hermits are taking turns jumping shells and the snails are all stuck together lol.

jdantunes

That rock is incredible :o

How do you plan to support life in your tank if you suffer a power outage during hurricane season? Do u have a generator for your reef? I'm just curious I live in SW FL ...

purplefirefish

we have a generator... hopefully i'll be able to keep it alive if we have one

purplefirefish

hmmm updates.

Ammonia 0

Nitrites 0

Nitrates 10ppm

My calcium is really high tho... 500ppm

my package from carlton's tank came in today.. amazingly packaged :)

pictures soon

nano-paul
My calcium is really high tho... 500ppm

You will be ok with that. When I used Oceanic mine always stayed in the 500-600 range.

purplefirefish
You will be ok with that. When I used Oceanic mine always stayed in the 500-600 range.

i actually used oceanic to fill up the first half of the tank and then i got talked into buying some other salt... i'll post the name of it when i get home.

an update...

i added 2 of my clowns into the tank sunday when the nitrates were around 50ppm... b/c the bioload from adding everything from the 10 gallon into the 30 in a day was just to much... nothing in there was looking happy!

i figured id rather risk it with the 2 clowns and not risk the whole 30 crashing...

i got lucky... the clowns are still healthy and the nitrates had dropped down to 10ppm last night when i checked it :)

i'm not sure if this really helped... but i did dose the tank with "One And Only Nitrifying Bacteria by Dr Tim's Aquatics"

p-33892-47863-fish-supply.jpg

"Bacterial additive developed by Dr. Timothy A. Hovanec, the renowned expert on nitrifying bacteria. Unlike many other bacterial additives, fish can be added immediately after use. Eliminates new tank syndrome, instantly creates a biofilter, and naturally removes toxic ammonia and nitrite. Use when setting up a new aquarium, or after water changes and disease treatments to quickly establish a natural biological filter. You cannot overdose with this product - use entire bottle to treat aquarium. Keep refrigerated for longer life. 2 oz treats up to 30 gallons. Choose Saltwater or Freshwater formulas. "

whattup32533

Nice tank :P I just upgraded from a 20l to a 55 to a 75 in 4 months :) and now I want bigger!!!! Wheres pics of the OWNER of this tank?! ::wink wink::

purplefirefish
Nice tank :P I just upgraded from a 20l to a 55 to a 75 in 4 months :) and now I want bigger!!!! Wheres pics of the OWNER of this tank?! ::wink wink::

lol, i started with a 15 gallon biocube, moved to a 30 gallon long... and then picked up a 3 gallon picotope and 10 gallon a long the ride...

everythings going in the 125 now... i'll probably never see the sexy shrimp again lol

whattup32533

Youre about 2.5 hours away from me, keep me in mind if you ever frag stuff, Id trust something coming from just a few hours away. Im fixing to start stocking my 75, I have about 120lbs of LR, 80lbs of LS, a peppermint, a cleaner, a yellow watchmen, a hippo, and a maroon clown. I also Have a baby BTA that my clown loves. and some random zoas. oh and 1 piece of birdsnest. Im running (2) 250 se MHs and 2 t5s for actinics

Archived