Pod Your Reef

Nanoty's 90g Mixed Reef

nanoty

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any decisions yet?

Decision as of right now is to do the simplest thing, which is keep and rebuild. As to what kind of tank it will be is up in the air. I still like the shallow cube idea but I really dont feel like going through and trying to part out my system, have a tank built, aquiring new equipment and all that crap. Perhaps if I can't get this tank like I want but for now this is the easiest thing to do with me being this busy.

I still say you take a sledge hammer to it.

The tank or the frogspawn?

Sorry for your lost. :tears: Your tank was very nice looking.

Thanks

This is sad D:

I think you should keep on keepin on! <joe dirt voice>

Id be lying if I said I didnt want to see you with maybeeeeeee a kick butt open top rimless build ROFL!

This is sad D:

I think you should keep on keepin on! <joe dirt voice>

Id be lying if I said I didnt want to see you with maybeeeeeee a kick butt open top rimless build ROFL!

The rimless is definately a very tempting idea, and might indeed happen in the future. I will most likely build it myself though.

The rimless is definately a very tempting idea, and might indeed happen in the future. I will most likely build it myself though.

BLACK SILICONE ALL THE WAY!

I never thought I would like black silicone until I got this tank. I didnt even notice it had it until I put the water in and let it clear up. From now on.....I think Any tank I get or attempt to make will have black silicone ^_^

And while I DO love rimless builds, I would just worry about evaporation and jumpers. Especially in a larger tank. :< That and the fear of my cat swimming in it are the only reasons I stay away from them LOL! Other than that though, I think rimless tanks are the bomb-diggity!

BLACK SILICONE ALL THE WAY!

I never thought I would like black silicone until I got this tank. I didnt even notice it had it until I put the water in and let it clear up. From now on.....I think Any tank I get or attempt to make will have black silicone ^_^

And while I DO love rimless builds, I would just worry about evaporation and jumpers. Especially in a larger tank. :< That and the fear of my cat swimming in it are the only reasons I stay away from them LOL! Other than that though, I think rimless tanks are the bomb-diggity!

My worries are jumpers and this 2 year old tricycle motor. Maybe one day when the kid actually listens to me I'll try it.

:(

u can doo eet!

what kinda heater was it? a stealth?

jus sayin cause I think it was pisces4u that had it happen and Marineland actually took his claim :)

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2644799

No it was some metal heater with a thermostat that I got with the tank. I should have changed to a stealth when I got it since I have never had trouble with them. I now have a stealth in there but I will probably need another one since it get down to about 76-77 at night with only one 250w. I went to get dual 200w but all they had was one 250w.

I am headed to the LFS today (if this cough doesn't kill me) to get my water tested (lost my kit) and perhaps pick up a few things.

Thanks everyone.

I have a jager 250w and it is enough for my 125 :) stays at 79 at night- 81 with the halides on.

That pic of the frogspawn hurtz. :(

I have a jager 250w and it is enough for my 125 :) stays at 79 at night- 81 with the halides on.

That pic of the frogspawn hurtz. :(

Perhaps it's just set too low.

It hurts me too. Here is a pic of it when I got it less than a year ago. I estimate between 16-18 heads, that means it added on approximately 50 heads in less than a year.

IMG_8155.jpg

Also, I just spent $120 at the LFS and didn't buy any corals.

Yeah dude, that definitely SUCKS!! I'd be bummed about that coral too.

Luckily I put about a 5 head frag in the biocube about a month ago and its doing well. I"ll probably take a couple heads from it and start over.

Spent money at the LFS yesterday. Trying to stay on top of it now that I have most of the algae infected rocks and corals out of the tank. Shopping list included 1x large yellow tang, 1x lawnmower blenny, 5x huge ass mexican turbos (going nuts), 2x emerald crabs (not sure if they will eat the bubble algae but they were only $7 each, probably need 40 of them).

The tang is still adjusting and I would like to do another waterchange but I would like to wait until next weekend to allow the tang some time to settle in. I have seen it pick on the rocks and it went nuts for some mysis when I fed.

I am having some equipment difficulty. My skimmer is being a hoe and has a bad tendency to leak. I fear I will be in the market for a new one soon. Also, having some trouble with my RO water. For some reason I am getting a film on top of the water in my sump and in my RO container. I changed the filters and resin, looking into a new membrane as well. Still reads 0 TDS though.

There aren't really any plans as of now. Just kind of going with the flow. Almost bought a school of chromis also but decided to wait and let the bacteria catch up. Snapped a few pics before the camera went dead.

Some of the survivors from the overheating of 2010.

There were 4 rics here, 2 seemed to have made it.

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0024.jpg

Leather is still alive but looks rough. It's done this before and I hope it bounces back.

IMG_0028.jpg

I hate photographing moving stuff. Also my camera hog misbars.

IMG_0030.jpg

New tang, also moving.

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0025.jpg

And the new and unimproved FTS. Sorry I didn't clean it up a bunch. Still worried about stressing the tang too much. Will probably be adding another tang of some sort but time will tell.

IMG_0023.jpg

Working on adding a few anemones to the tank. At least a small carpet and looking for a RBTA.

What do you think? New scape ok?

Looks good to me. ;)

Thanks.

I almost forgot. We got the kiddo some feeder guppies for his tank in his room. He held them in his lap the whole way back and kept hugging them. Amazingly they are all still alive today.

and no we don't normally dress him like a small homeless lumberjack.

IMG_0020.jpg

Ty,

WTF man... I step away for a little while and your tank DIES? Sorry for your losses man, but pull yourself together! REBUILD~!

Ty,

WTF man... I step away for a little while and your tank DIES? Sorry for your losses man, but pull yourself together! REBUILD~!

Holy crap he's alive! Its on its way Ben. The little gha that was left is slowly disappearing and I'm about to appropriate some more livestock. How's yours?

Archived