Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

TJ's Reef - The death of the...

TJ_Burton

Thanks for the information on the brackets....might have to do some hunting around to see where they are available.

What all are you planning on dosing with them? Of course Ca and Alk, but what's the 3rd pump for? Mg?

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the information on the brackets....might have to do some hunting around to see where they are available.

What all are you planning on dosing with them? Of course Ca and Alk, but what's the 3rd pump for? Mg?

Yep, it certainly is for mag! :)

Basically the 3 most vital components for SPS when it comes to dosing. I am also purchasing a Phos reactor and running Chemi-Pure to keep chemical wars and other impurities in check.

I really want my SPS to do incredibly well this time around, and I want everything to be as automated (and stable) as possible to prevent me having to put much effort in lol.

acropora1981

Now you're gettin' somewhere. Sump looks very slick. You are going to be doing NOTHING to this tank but enjoying it!

:o

Oh man... This is going to be a blast to watch!!! So far... AMAZING!!!

Those brackets are slick! Will you just run the Aqualifters on timers for dosing...??? :huh: Sorry for the stupid question! -_-

:D

Now you're gettin' somewhere. Sump looks very slick. You are going to be doing NOTHING to this tank but enjoying it!

That's the plan!

:o

Oh man... This is going to be a blast to watch!!! So far... AMAZING!!!

Those brackets are slick! Will you just run the Aqualifters on timers for dosing...??? :huh: Sorry for the stupid question! -_-

:D

Not a stupid question! :)

I'm going to run them on an ever-so-accurate RKL or RKE. (Haven't decided the level of investment I am willing to put into my controller)

Wow! makes my sump look like a hawt mess :lol:

I am sure it will look more cluttered once it's all tucked under the stand :P

I picked up some plumbing and equipment today. Hopefully I will get the bulk of the plumbing done tonight!

Well, it isn't exactly plumbed yet but I am getting there. Goal is to have it all done by Sunday night for a wet test.

I installed the overflow panel last night. My silicon abilities are only slightly better than they were on my 40br. I managed to used much less silicon and get a much stronger bond so I guess that is a plus. Still not as "clean" looking as I would have hoped for but I am sure it won't be noticeable once I paint that back panel black. I also threw the sump and all components under the stand to see how well it fits.

SumpFit.jpg

OverflowInstall.jpg

OverflowSiliconJob.jpg

Wow! That is a tall tank. Can't wait to see how you aquascape and light it. :lol:;):o

Looks like you have plenty of sump room.

LoL you're a nutbar.

Yeah, the fuge area is going to be quite large just like my 40br sump.

I still need to prime the inside of the stand and add an extra 2x4 under the front lip of the sump. Shouldn't be too much of a PITA.

What will you use to prime? Is their a floor inside the sump area or is it open to the room floor?

Just going to use a white deck primer/paint. Currently its open to the room floor but it wont be once I measure out and get that 2x4 in. I have 1/4" ply that I will be putting in the bottom of the stand.

Paleoreef103

Looks awesome. Let me know how that last baffle in the sump to limit flow to the refugium works out for you and if you'd change anything. Can't wait to see this one fired up.

Thanks guys! Glad to see I have a possee following this thread again ;)

Paleoreef103 - Don't worry, I will document how everything works and if it has turned out as intended.

I am excited cause I just got the winning bid on a very lightly (2 days) used MP10 for $150 :)

Paleoreef103
Thanks guys! Glad to see I have a possee following this thread again ;)

Paleoreef103 - Don't worry, I will document how everything works and if it has turned out as intended.

I am excited cause I just got the winning bid on a very lightly (2 days) used MP10 for $150 :)

You'll love it! With mine you can here it after you turn it above 80%, but it'll probably be more silent than your overflow. They're awesome little pumps. Are you going to mount it on the over flow side or the far panel?

You'll love it! With mine you can here it after you turn it above 80%, but it'll probably be more silent than your overflow. They're awesome little pumps. Are you going to mount it on the over flow side or the far panel?

Overflow side about half way down. I am going to purchase another one and run one on each side of the overflow panel. If I find that I don't have enough flow at the other end of the tank (which I doubt will be the case) I can always move one down to the other end. Or just buy a third... hahaha

So I was hoping to have water in this thing today, but a lack of parts at local stores (namely the SCWD) has postponed my reef for another week. I had to order the SCWD from MOPS.ca which has it for a very reasonable price.

The rest of the plumbing is pretty much done but I will wait until I have it completed before I throw up any more photos.

Well the very simple looking plumbing is all done. Decided to run the return pump internally to conserve space in the cabinet. Also decided not to use a tripod to take the following photos because it looks more dramatic when they are crooked :P

Currently brewing up many gallons of R/O for what I expect to be a flawless wet test ;) (or at least I hope) lol...

Pics!

CabinetPainted.jpg

MoonFuge3.jpg

MoonFuge2.jpg

SumpPlumbing.jpg

PlumbingBirdsEye.jpg

OverflowReturns.jpg

PlumbedTank.jpg

Archived