Cultivated Reef

Kylebeano's 50g Shallow Cube

Kylebeano

yeah i saw them last weak. they were amazing but sooooo expensive lol. i never seem to go down to the cape when both locations are open, just one lol. what fish do you have?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blue-green chromie

purple firefish

six-line wrasse

pair of occies

The six line was actually picking on the clowns at first, as they were both injured, but now all fish are getting along fine. I would pick on the wrasse as it misbehaved. The chromie likes to swim with the clowns as well, like its a clown.

yeah my sixline is bullying my damsel all of a sudden. i thought you had more fish than that?

Try keeping a watch on the wrasse. When it acts out, scare it or chase it with tongs. And having that many fish is pretty much enough for me lol.

That's a sweet tank. I missed it, but what skimmer did you decide on?

Thanks man. I went with an Urchin Pro with mag3. Its doing a pretty good job. I realy need to clean the cup now that you meantion it.

Nice looking tank dude.

Thank you very much. Its kinda getting covered in algae right now. Thats why I take very careful pictures lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Nem looks a little translucent, I would watch how it's doing for the next couple of weeks. Over-all tank looks perfect, love the coco.

AWESOME TANK! I really love all of the different colors
I love shallow cubes. Tank looks fantastic. Especially those SPS macros.
thas an amazing tank
Awesome.

Thank you everyone! All these compliments mean a lot to me, and im proud to have an approved tank lol! Especially from people that have such nice tanks as well.

Nem looks a little translucent, I would watch how it's doing for the next couple of weeks. Over-all tank looks perfect, love the coco.

Thanks! It has lost a little color, I just thought it was because of it expanding so much? Ill definately keep an eye on it. Could the food im feeding it be too large? Im giving it frozen mysis and Demysis. And thanks for the coco love. It dropped one crown a month ago (i was pretty worried) and has since regrown it and is doing pretty well.

awesome!!

Thank you!!

So you bought the nem, put it in the tank and it has just stayed there????????

You lucky bastad!!!!!!!!!!! (hee hee)

Well, I first placed it right in the middle under the light, so it moved into a crevice along the back wall. My clowns dont go near that area of the tank, so I removed the nem with an ice cube and stuck it where it is now. It stayed there for a day, then went for a long journey around that rock and surrounding area to end up back where it is now and where I placed it. Its been there since about mid-june lol. I guess I am pretty lucky

What is the coco eating and can you see it eat?

I feed it phytoplankton from CSoli921 (phytopia) every other day using a turkey baster and a pipette. I also add amino acids to the phytoplankton. The worm's crown will cringe and tense while immersed in the cloud, and that is what I beleive is how it captures and feeds. Ill try to get photos of it for demonstration sometime.

I havnt added anything to the tank for like over a month now. I want coral. Ide really like to cover the areas of the tank with GSP, Blue cloves, daisies, etc. What are some other things I can do that can go around? Ill trade my bowerbanki for some of these things! Any takers?

• 3 weeks later...

Dang this tank is looking great, the duncan colony is huge :o i still havent seen it in person yet! when are you selling some stuff so i have an excuse to drive down there? ;)

Archived