Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kylebeano's 50g Shallow Cube

Kylebeano

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kylebeano
Oooh, I like this one.

Great! Hopefully I wont lose any respect or anything with the new livestock added. Everything is now transfered, and I added a trio of some beautiful anthias. Ill get you all some pictures tomorrow or something!

Kylebeano

5-7-09001.jpg

5-7-09003.jpg

5-7-09004.jpg

5-7-09008.jpg

5-7-09007.jpg

5-7-09005.jpg

5-7-09039.jpg

5-7-09014.jpg

5-7-09015.jpg

5-7-09016.jpg

5-7-09018.jpg

5-7-09017.jpg

5-7-09037.jpg

5-7-09033.jpg

5-7-09021.jpg

5-7-09028.jpg

5-7-09024.jpg

Whatcha think?

Oh, and I got an AquaC Urchin Pro up and skimming the tank now. Its producing a nice foam!

Kylebeano
It's a beauty!!!! Well done!!!!!

Thanks man! After a few months im going to try dosing a VSV mixture, things should clear up and start coloring up nicely then.

Here are some pictures of the skim this morning!

5-8-09001.jpg

5-8-09004.jpg

5-8-09002.jpg

Kylebeano
your tank looks awesome! what type of anthias are those?

Thank you! They are Lyretail I beleive. They were doing fine for the first day after I acclimated them, I did not quarentine, and in retrospect, I think I really should have. One is missing and the two I can see are not showing any familiar behaivor of my other fish. I worked a 12hr shift today, fed them before I left, and asked my sister to feed them in the middle of the day since she was here. Now all of a sudden they are breathing fast and swimming strangly. I hope they pull through.

amazing dude. im gonna have to come over and see this one.

Thanks! Youre welcome over here whenever, we can make a trip to the fish store as well!

The Anthias didnt make it. I feel aweful about them, everything else was great. My other fish are fine, but the anthias just didnt like it I guess.

Im going to try and sell most of my zoas again soon.

Pearlberry is doing pretty well

5-15-09001.jpg

Koko worm dropped half a crown, im feeding it daily now

5-15-09027.jpg

And this is a cool little hitch-hiker on an astrea snail!

5-15-09016.jpg

Zoa pics

5-15-09007.jpg

5-15-09017.jpg

5-15-09020.jpg

5-15-09031.jpg

5-15-09030.jpg

5-15-09019.jpg

5-15-09024.jpg

5-15-09013.jpg

5-15-09023.jpg

5-15-09018.jpg

tanks looking great :D how did the auction go? i didnt feel well enough for a 40 mile drive today. put me done for some zoos when you decide to sell :)

Thanks man. I didnt end up going, im broke and had to work this afternoon. :( its going to haunt me missing that, until I get some new coral or something.

Ill let you know before I put things up for sale soon. I want to get some styrofoam and boxes and such before I place an add.

I love the direction you went with this tank. Two Islands nothing, your rock scape is awesome. I'm sorry about the Anthias, but these things happen some times. I had a domino damsel in my FOWLR kick the bucket for no apparent reason.

You need a sun coral. I got one today, so I'm kind of on a sun coral trip. There just so cool.

I love the direction you went with this tank. Two Islands nothing, your rock scape is awesome. I'm sorry about the Anthias, but these things happen some times. I had a domino damsel in my FOWLR kick the bucket for no apparent reason.

You need a sun coral. I got one today, so I'm kind of on a sun coral trip. There just so cool.

Thank you very much! I really wanted the island and valley look, for the room of sps. But, when I got all the rock in there, I realized it was just something too difficult to manage, so I made the best of it. I have a large plate rock in the center that im using as an isolated sps ledge.

Thanks for the encouragement about the fish. I might try some others, but im not ready yet.

Here is a link to my sun coral that I had in my aquapod for a long time. They definately were the showpiece of the tank. I think I fed them some bad food one night, and within 24 hours all the large and centered polyps had died. Im not ready to feed a colony like that for a while either lol. They were the main reason my aquapod got fed haha.

Sweet tank. I like that shallow design!

Thanks! Being shallow helps make it easier to clean and what not lol.

Here are some actinic shots I took today after our power went out and the MH wouldnt fire right away.

5-17-09021.jpg

5-17-09017.jpg

5-17-09033.jpg

5-17-09035.jpg

5-17-09037.jpg

5-17-09003.jpg

5-17-09014.jpg

5-17-09004.jpg

5-17-09007.jpg

5-17-09010.jpg

5-17-09011.jpg

looks awesome!!!!1

Thanks! Well, im broke. There really isnt going to be much of anything new happening to the tank anytime soon. I can tell new growth every day though and it is exciting. Im in the process of constructing what I want the coral scape of the tank to finally look like. It wont take much, and when I have the extra cash, the tank will look radically better.

Kylebeano, Your tank is awesome. I saw it couple weeks ago when I looked at your AP24. Nice to see your pics. I'm planning maybe a 40b, they seem to be popular. Give these folks some more pics.

Kylebeano, Your tank is awesome. I saw it couple weeks ago when I looked at your AP24. Nice to see your pics. I'm planning maybe a 40b, they seem to be popular. Give these folks some more pics.

Thank you Rick! My advice would be to wait on the large tank until you move. Get into the groove with your aquapod, learn the hobby, and establish yourself to where you are comfortable with the maintanance and other utilities involved with a saltwater tank. If you know for sure that you will be upgrading to a larger tank down the road, then try to keep it simple and cheap for your current tank, dont invest too much money and equipment on the aquapod unless you are going to keep it!

A 40 breeder has excellent dimensions and I was going to get one as well before I saw this tank. But! if you can go bigger, like in the new place, if you have room along a wall and the money, go big!

sorry to hear about the anthias. the tank is looking good though. You have great looking zoos, put me down for some when you decide to sell.

sorry to hear about the anthias. the tank is looking good though. You have great looking zoos, put me down for some when you decide to sell.

Thanks man. Yeah, im not going to try a fish like them for a while now. Zoanthids for sale!

do you need a kidney? i want all your zoos and palys.

depends where the kidney is coming from.

I dont think I have enough zoanthids left worth any organ now lol, really, I only have a few left haha. BUT! I did purchase these tonight! Im going with a new direction in covering this tanks ground and such!

flakes2.jpg

was this the colony from aquaticauctions? man that is one sweet buy. i am currently bidding on the setosa colony.

oh btw, your tank is awesome!!!

~alex

was this the colony from aquaticauctions? man that is one sweet buy. i am currently bidding on the setosa colony.

oh btw, your tank is awesome!!!

~alex

Thank you very much. Yes it is! I cant wait, its been a while since Ive bought some big coral! How did your auction end up? That was a little high for me to go lol

Archived