Top Shelf Aquatics

Lay's 14G Biocube

lmmvyc

maybe any type of household fan aimed at the hood of the tank. or you can go to an electronic store and replace the stock fans with a stronger one, might get loud though. i just had that problem but it was time for me to cut the air on and its steady temp of 79.

Is that some type of xenia? Tank looks good.

i think it is a majano anemone but i'm not sure. thanks your the first to say that!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave the feeding lid open and aim a fan in there. Get some of the water to cool off by evaporation. Best I could do. It gets so hot where I live I finally bought a chiller for my biocube last summer.

i got the 14 biocube.

Awesome me too! mine is on its way with FedEx.

Its actually a gift i bought my wife but shes def. aware that im a little too excited over "her" gift haha. Shes really getting into it though. Shes got everything planned out what she wants in it. I told her i have only 2 requests. A mandarin goby and a six line. haha

I told her i have only 2 requests. A mandarin goby and a six line. haha

mandarins are sweet just make sure u have an established tank first, full of pods. :)

Anyone know anything about SilentX fans?

really quiet fans... with low noise comes less rpm's. probably half the rpm's of our stock fans but they are thicker so the blades are angled more for better flow. the dimmension's for the stock fan is 50x50x15mm. on nano tuners all i see is 60x60x25mm. if there is a fry's near you they've got their fans powered so you can see,hear,and feel what they are capable of.

Awesome me too! mine is on its way with FedEx.

Its actually a gift i bought my wife but shes def. aware that im a little too excited over "her" gift haha. Shes really getting into it though. Shes got everything planned out what she wants in it. I told her i have only 2 requests. A mandarin goby and a six line. haha

haha. some things i would have done differently:

-don't lay the rock against the back wall (its plastic and scratches easy)

-buy all underwater mods first before filling

-pick up some filter floss

i've heard things about the madarin's not doing well in nano's but its not impossible! start a thread! gl and have fun!

mandarins are sweet just make sure u have an established tank first, full of pods. :)

I know all about em, I had one in my 55g a while back. Great fish!

Karatetag

Can you post some pics of the fuge? Id love to see how u did yours cause im thinkin of doing one myself. Come check out my tank too! Its up and running =D

Can you post some pics of the fuge? Id love to see how u did yours cause im thinkin of doing one myself. Come check out my tank too! Its up and running =D

Yes, ill get pics up soon, hopefully tomorrow. It was so so easy to set up! :)

Yes, ill get pics up soon, hopefully tomorrow. It was so so easy to set up! :)

So easy you could do it... thats saying something ;)

Fuge Pictures :)

Lights from SteveT

DSC01794.jpg

And chaeto from needreefunds

DSC01795.jpg

DSC01797.jpg

And then the tray goes back in place with the filter floss, taking some wiggling to get back in place

:happy:

nema looks lonely....

I know...I feel bad for her but I'm scarred to add too many fish too fast.

good point. do you plan to add another clown?

As of right now, im looking for the next addition to be a WMG or a BiColor Blenny....

Anyones recommendation on how long I should wait before adding another fish?

So my fan isnt properly working and I probably need a replacement. Therefore I need to get ahold of Oceanic, however the two numbers on their website (8002554527 and 4144219670) only end up in a recording that says the numbers have been disconnected.

Does anyone know a number to get ahold of Oceanic? Thanks!

Any new pics? I know u have some new stuff :)

Not until things start looking a little better....

Archived