Coral Vue Hydros

Krispy's 10g Algae Farm

MrKrispy

I have had my tank going for several months, still have lots of red and green hair algae that even my lettuce nudi can't vanquish. I might have to pickup a trochus... Anyway here are some half ass shots of the corals and stuff I have... If anyone wants some handfuls of hair algae PM me!

Tank specs:

10g glass tank

96W Coralife light

AC 200 for media

12" acrylic city fuge w/ maxijet 600

17 lbs Marshall Islands live rock

12 lbs live sand

30 lbs algae

Here is day one:

• 5 weeks later...

I did some re-arranging. I think my frogspawn stung my monti cap even though it was about 5 inches away so I had to sequester it until I can move it to an algae free spot. Hair algae mostly gone, macros taking over...

another acro from the co-worker, it was white and doing nothing, it has since "colored up" to brown but has tinges of green coming in. The polyps on the terminii (?) are extended most of the time.

The lettuce nudi is going a good job. None of the snails put significant dents in the big patches of hair algae. I only have 2 scarlets and a red leg hermit, they work on other stuff. I got a lettuce and an astrea and 30 days later nothing left. The nudi keeps cleaning up small spots, stays very active.

i had a lettuce nudi for awhile after i started to get some algea, bur not long after i added the nudi i wasn't just winning the battle against algea, i was pretty much winning the war. that was untill my nudi got curious about the power head. all i heard was, "phump, thurrrrr, shooo" and then i had shreaded lettus for my tacos. ####ed me off. Just make surey you cover your power heads and they will do a world of good for you

"Goby Bryant" LOL! Go Lakers!... like the tank. one of my favorites is that piece of LR in the middle there.. HAHA! go fig :D hope everything works out with the algae battle. if you're housing macros in the main tank an emerald might dine on them before the bad algae. well, that's what happened to me.

Archived