Top Shelf Aquatics

clown not eating

viejito55

How long have you had him? How's his breathing? Does he look pale? Does he look like he has salt on him? Does he look like he has cob webs on him?

Had him for a few days. Breathing fine. Not pale. No salt on him. No webs on him. Just doesn't seem interested in the food. Well he is interested he comes up to nibble on it than spits it all out. I got him to eat a few tiny brine shrimp FD but that's about it.

My clown kind of did that too how big are the pellets you are trying to feed him, for mine to not spit them out i had to cut the pellts into 2 - 3 pieces, kind of a pain in the ass but he ate it so...

He's getting better eating small bits of brine shrimp. The guy is finicky he won't eat more than a few nibbles and if it's only when he's really starving or else he'll spit it out. thanks, I'll continue to watch him.

small reefer , i think Tongs has live brine, you could pick up a small bit, Ill bet hed love that. Also try Formula one, My gramma wouldn't eat pellets, mysis , flakes, now he pigs out on formula one. So much for me trying to diversify his diet :D P.S. I am local, wanna swap? got tiny zoo frag with about 6 polyps on it, and spme gsp we could trade.( that is as long as acoustic doesn"t need it , his house threatened by the fire). The zoos are tight, green skirt , blue middle, orange starburst centers. Very neat.

Is he the only fish in the tank? Sometimes when there is no competition to eat, they arent as aggressive eaters and just let it float around and nibble on it, thinkin it will still be there later. I had a lunar wrasse in my larger tank that acted this way and when i added in a couple more fish, he began to eat normally again. Just another thought that could be possible.....

Yeah definitely birdman just waiting to see what I can get.

Spyder... hmm interesting I would wanna try it but my tank is so small I don't know if I should add more fish. I'll just have to wait him out a lil longer at least he hasn't gone kurplunk yet.

Archived