Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

clown not eating

viejito55

my clown is kind of just sitting on the sand I don't know if he is sick or what? he has no signs of ich. but ######s white long stuff and has not been eating as much(very very little). he is been like that for a week now. ??? is he going to die? strange b/c there is no discoloration or agitating breathing. he started to just sit on the side and stop been so active and so hungry.. what can I do??

raised temp to 78? Does that mean you had it cooler? I'm pretty sure that's a little on the cool side Am pretty sure it's probably not the real reason why the clown is 'off'. But might want to raise it a little bit. IMHO.

yeah it was at 72 before, now is at 78, 0 nit 0 nitra, 0 ano. I change 5% of the water every 2 days. he is chilling on the corner and not eating. he does not seem sick though. ????

I'd definately keep your tank between 78 (lowest) and 80. I keep mine at 80 with no problems.

How long has that fish been in the tank? I don't remember if you said how long in your previous posts.

Stringey poop is usually a sign of intestinal parasites I thought...you might want to try searching the forum here or on reefcentral.com

Also, why so many water changes and how many have you done? Did something go amiss in the tank? I'd consider maybe waiting a little while before doing another water change as the clown might be having problems adjusting to the new water being put in (ie. differences in salnity, temperature, etc.).

the clown its been in there for 3 months it always eat and was very healhy when I came back from oktoberfest he was just in a corner not eating. Ok, so water changes once a week then, and soak the food in garlic, Iwill try that, if he still alive Ihope, thanks for the help........

was some one feeding your tank while you were gone?

what do you feed him?

do you have a hospital or quarentine tank?

personally water temp 80 and 72 wont cause any harm

salinity 1.024 but 26 isn't bad it more like the real ocean

I left food for him but they overfeed the tank, so when I came back I think a 15 percent water change. he is been more active now, but still eating very little. I notive very very small black dots 2. I don't have a hospital tank. I don't know what's wrong with him. he seems to been getting a little better though. I feed him flakes and frozen krill.

man!!!!! that garlic thing is working I think!! gave some flakes dipped in garlic and now my clown is looking better. are there any other homemade stuff medications.... homemade is always the best........

That's GREAT!! Garlic is magic!

I'm not sure of any other homemade remedies accept for garlic. But I'm sure glad to hear the clown's doing better! Keep us posted!

I add 4 drops of garlic extreme (Kent I think) every time I feed........strickly recreational usage!!!!!

Fish seem very happy and healthy!!!!

Thanks guys that garlic is magic!!!!! lucas the clown is back and running again, he is eating like a pig again. that garlic really worked magic. I soaked flakes with it as well as krill and within 2 days he is now eating normal. should I keep feeding him garlic?? I will try to find that garlic extreme.

her is a picture of healthy lucas.....

Hey Viejito when Lucas was sick did he shake a lot and look like he was breathing funny. My clown Moco is weird. The first day he was fine and swimming all over now he lies on the sandbed. Sometimes he's swimming fine then he shakes a lot. It said false perc tank raised but I'm suspicious he has very dark lines around his white bars. Hope he makes it. I may try feeding him some garlic. Anyone else know what's wrong with him. Thanks.

yeah he ocasionally shaked but not too much, he breathed a bit hard and was just sitting on the corner. I soak some flakes on garlic, but he only eat very little. I kept on using soak flakes on garlic and eventually he started to eat more and more, now he is eating like a pig again. I just put the flakes with water and podwer garlic.

try it.

good luck

Archived