Pod Your Reef

DHaut's Hoity Toity

Deleted User 6

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 6

sympodium. still pretty new to the hobby apparently. i thought they were cloves when I got them, but they're actually a species of xenia. much smaller polyps and encrusting.

I had a colony of them a while back. They did great quadrupled in size. They almost grow like a leather. Clumping on top them selves. I mounted mine to high up under my halides and melted them. Move them back to the bottom and they just slowly faded away. Low/indirect light is a must IMO.

Ps mine never pulsed.

phi delt reefer
gettin' there.

1192237480_7jWjS-L.jpg

tired of this satellite lamp though.

spray it flat black or army green so it looks like a German Army helmet floating over your tank - add lightening bolts/ swastikas/bullet holes for authenicity.

Deleted User 6

lol, that's an awesome idea.

I had a colony of them a while back. They did great quadrupled in size. They almost grow like a leather. Clumping on top them selves. I mounted mine to high up under my halides and melted them. Move them back to the bottom and they just slowly faded away. Low/indirect light is a must IMO.

Ps mine never pulsed.

good to know about the light. they're in the lower part of the tank. the LEDs will be running low power when they come in, so hopefully they'll have time to adjust.

Do I need a pass to enter this long strange trip, that actually talks about reef tanks?

I slipped past the bouncer by lying about being a scotch drinker. I actually favor gin. I do have a nano. It's a long running series of experiments.

fts111610.jpg

Deleted User 6

12.3 picolamp from nanotuners.

the rock is anchored by gravity.

anyone have any ricordea frags they want to sell before i place an order with reefgardener or coral morphalogic?

Archived