inTank Media Baskets

Kate's 25g

kate2118

here's my latest addition:

Green Bird's Nest

IMG_1962-1.jpg

i'm really nervous about this one. this is my first attempt at SPS! fingerscrossed

i'll keep you updated!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bird's Nest is doing well! :happydance:

Update:

I woke up this morning and something wasn't right... one of my clown fish was missing. I didn't think anything of it at first, figured he was just hiding or something. I went to feed about 10 minutes ago and still no sign of him. No sign of my CUC either. I fear the worst. I'll wait it out and keep you updated but the outlook isn't good. :unsure:

nice tank! what equpment do you have?do you not have a top? if not you might want to by some eggcreate from lowes or something and cut it to fit on the top ?do you got pics of the 90?

i don't have a top at the moment cuz i only have one fish but that will come later. the guy at my lfs does custom tops that are really nice, i'll get one from him. I don't have pics of the 90 but i might have to start a thread for it cuz there has been a lot of interest in it. i'll see what i can come with this weekend. as far as equipment goes:

25g AGA

Seaclone 100 Skimmer

Maxi-Jet Powerhead

Koralia 1

75W Stealth Heater

150W MH Pendant Light

DIY LED Moonlights

Update:

There's no sign of my clown anywhere, including the floors. I talked to the guy at my LFS and he said he could have been stressed out by my other clown bullying it. I doubt this cuz he was at least twice the size of my other clown... it's a sad day. :tears:

yea thats krapy if it dont magicly show bak up ,maby the clam 8 it?....the egg creat is really cheap and wont block the light ,imo ...quick fix!

true but egg crate is ugly... my lfs does window screen kits but with a different material. they're super nice and reasonably priced. i'll get one eventually.

just read thread. srry about the clown :(

but i lol'ed about you jumping when the peppermint shrimp jumped on you.

also your tank is sweet!

thanks guys, i'm sure he's gone. :tears:

in an effort to lighten the mood.... I BOUGHT A PICOTOPE! omgomgomg

i just ordered it so it won't be here for at least a week but i'll keep you updated!

in an effort to lighten the mood.... I BOUGHT A PICOTOPE! omgomgomg

i just ordered it so it won't be here for at least a week but i'll keep you updated!

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance: Im so happy for you

so i went on a spending spree today..... i had a moment of weakness.

in preparation for the arrival of my picotope, i ordered a bunch of stuff:

Rio 50 Powerhead

Digital Thermometer

Live Sand

StevieT's Underwater 10W double light

NIMBLE SUPER!

I already have an AC70 modded as a fuge and a Stealth Heater from a previous freshwater tank.

in other words.... I'm all set! Just waiting for everything to arrive. As soon as it does i'll make a trip to my LFS for some cured LR and I'll set everything up!

issues.... <_<

long story short: don't order from jbjnanocubes.com

the pico project is on hold until i get this all figured out.

we're back on track!

The tank should be here sometime next week! fingerscrossed

I'll keep you posted!

Update:

I'm doing a little housekeeping on my 90g so I can get a thread started for those of you who expressed interest. Hopefully I'll have it up this weekend.

:angry:

stupid turbo snails... they have managed to rearrange most of my tank. its due for a good cleaning this weekend and those guys are out of there!

i'll post an update after i clean everything this weekend. i haven't added anything lately cuz all my money was put into starting my pico this past week. but i'll post some pics cuz thats what the people want to see!

Hey guys! Just thought I'd post an update. I haven't added anything cuz I was preoccupied setting up my new pico but everything is doing great!

So fresh n' so clean, clean:

IMG_2039.jpg

My Dendro is now "trained" to stay open during the day:

IMG_2040.jpg

And my Birds Nest looks amazing:

IMG_2043.jpg

Everyone is thriving in this tank. My Brain Coral is growing so fast it's insane! My Duncan's took a hit from my Sexies but I can't really blame them. I hadn't fed them in a few days. As soon as my pico is a little more established and has some coral in it I'm going to move my sexies to that tank. I want to wait until I get something in there they can host before I move them. I have a feeling this will be easier said than done. Sexies are very hard to catch but I'll at least try. Anyway... just thought I'd check in so no one thinks my tank magically disappeared. Thanks for following along! B)

New additions!

Sexies checkin' things out:

IMG_2084.jpg

IMG_2082.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

I wasn't planning on these guys, they were a gift from my mother who isn't what I'd call an expert when it comes to this stuff. I know the one is a monti with bright green polyps and the other is some type of acropora. I have to say the the mother colony of the acropora is absolutely stunning. It's a deep turquoise with sky blue tips. I hope this guy colors up a little.

Any tips on keeping these guys healthy and growing would be GREATLY appreciated. I don't have very much experience with SPS so I'm not where to put these guys in the tank yet.

Archived