Innovative Marine Aquariums

Odyssea 630W 36" Review

SK8URDEAD

shiver905

How big is your tank im at - 15.5 high (20g high)

Which is why im worried about the 250watt.

I dont want it to burn.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
QUOTE (Phase420 @ Mar 30 2009, 04:17 PM)

Just to add to the thread,

I own two Odyssey lights

24" 150w HQI + PC

and

48" (2)x250w HQI + (4)T5

I love them both and have not had any issues, I did how ever upgrade my bulb on the 24" to a Coralife 20k.

Yay for cheap ebay lights!

I dont think that 24" light u have exists. maybe a typo?

also. If they are underpowered 250w

That would be great for ppl that 1 in the 150watt rang hrh

It does, Its on my 29 Gallon tank. Thanks

shiver905

i just talked to there online support she claims they never sold such a 24" fixture. all there mh are 250watt

the one 150 will be for sale mid may

SK8URDEAD

well new update to my light. i bought 2 65w 420/460nm current pc bulbs for the fixture and they lit up perfectly. also my zoas look a hole lot nicer and everything pops out very nicly. will be upgrading the ballast and bulbs next month to see how big a difference i will get out of the stock bulbs. also will get new pics later,

stanlalee

this is a 36" fixture with 96w pc? why are the pc bulbs so short? 96w pc bulbs are 34" and run the lenth of a 36" fixture. Are you sure they arent 65w pc "called" 96w. Odyssea has a habbit of doing that (calling 150w de fixtures 175w for example).

this is a 36" fixture with 96w pc? why are the pc bulbs so short? 96w pc bulbs are 34" and run the lenth of a 36" fixture. Are you sure they arent 65w pc "called" 96w. Odyssea has a habbit of doing that (calling 150w de fixtures 175w for example).

no in my first post i accidently put in 96w's they are 65ws i just didnt read the box it had came in and assumed they were 96 for some odd reason. and yes evil the current dual actinics look sexy!!!! corals pop like crazy! now all i need to do is change the bulbs and ballast and see how things go then!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived