Innovative Marine Aquariums

Low cost peristaltic/dosing pumps

scottyreef

any specific light timers..I see some have a min of 1min on time..do you need any to have more exact times

I was looking at this if I wanted to run 2 dosers

http://www.aquacave.com/eco-plus-dual-digi...-timer-997.html

the exact same digital timer for less than half the price, and can get locally if you have a harbor freight store nearby.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=95205

I got several of these timers, as they go on sale for $7 from time to time. They don't lose their program when you unplug them. Unlike the mechanical ones where you need to rotate the disc to the correct time every time you unplug.

I am interested in getting 2 (maybe the 3.3ml/min)

I called the vendor today and he was suprized so he said he will call the maker and see what the lag time is so i will keep you guy updated on the satus

I would be down for 3 units that move 3.3 mL/min. I have been looking for some cheap peri pumps for quite a while. You are my hero :)

Definitely hoping this actually happens.

Shoot Me_I Explode
I called the vendor today and he was suprized so he said he will call the maker and see what the lag time is so i will keep you guy updated on the satus

He was surprised? Did the conversation go something like this?

Scottyreef: I’d like to buy some pumps.

Vendor: OMGBBQ

If you could get info before the 9th that would be great. It’s either going to be these pumps for me or a pair of drew’s pumps from bulkreefsupply while the group buy is still going.

So any progress on this? Maybe this thread should be moved to the hardware classifieds so more people will see it and it will get more attention. The group buys in the hardware section seem to be popular.

I am really trying guys i called them three times on friday i am really going to be on him tommorrow to get be a definte answer. Last time i talked to him he said thast we should decide on one speed,tubing size and tubing type i think 3rpm at .65ml/min with norprene tubing

Also check out my Dosing pump 101 guide. it give all the important info on buying and useing a peristalic pump doser

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=189746

Last time i talked to him he said thast we should decide on one speed,tubing size and tubing type i think 3rpm at .65ml/min with norprene tubing

I was thinking the 15rpm might be better. Well, I guess it really depends on how loud these are. We use peristaltics at work sometimes, and they are fairly loud when on. I need to dose about 15mL per day of 2-part solution. If they're loud, then we're talking about 23 minutes of noise per pump per day.

I can make just about any configuration work depending on what the concensus is. Thanks for your work on this!

Last time i talked to him he said thast we should decide on one speed,tubing size and tubing type i think 3rpm at .65ml/min with norprene tubing

I agree choosing one pump would be the way to go for a group buy. I think choosing the 18rpm might suit a wider range of users. It would support .3, .36, .9, .97, 3.3, 3.96 just by changing the tubing size or type. This would handle everything from a two part dosing on smaller tanks up to 1gal of slow kalk drip over 24 hours for make up water for our larger nano's. We could do the group buy and create a thread with links to purchasing different types of tubing diameters and materials to get to the other dosing specifications. Hope this helps.

Steve

well i am still working on the pump order but i found this on ebay. it looks like bulkreefsupply is getting rid of a lot of a lot of dosing pump for $50 plus shipping they are not drews dosers but they are pretty good for the price. Make sure to put a check valve on the suction side because these are two roller pumps but other than that they seem pretty good

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bare-Bones-Peristaltic...A1%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bare-Bones-Peristaltic...A1%7C240%3A1318

I would go for the 1.2ml per/min for more acruate dosing

$35?!?! That's awesome. I have one of these that I bought 4 months ago (for $65 from APT) to dose fertilizer to my planted fresh water aquarium. It is a great pump and is very accurate dosing exactly the same amount of fluid each time. I got the 30 rpm / 3mm version and it doses 6.2ml/min at a 4.5 foot head. It is almost totally silent and you cannot hear it from outside of my aquarium cabinet. I'm in for 1 or 2.

Yeah i completly agree they are great but i might have to find myself a different vendor. The one right now isnt sticking to what he told me but we will see.

I spoke to APT this morning and they normally sell for $67 each + shipping. You'd still have to buy a power cord and a project enclosure. Let us know if you find another vendor. Have you spoken to APT directly about a group buy?

no i havent talked to them i might try the direct route and call them. I want to get this togther for everyone who wants one here. I am going to hunt down other vendors to see what i can put together.

I am really sorry about the delay i am really trying to get this together

scott

Archived