ReefCleaners.org

Low cost peristaltic/dosing pumps

scottyreef

I have a vendor who could get me these these

SP100.jpg

APT SP100 Micro OEM Peri Pumps

Flow rates from 0.4 to 24 ml/min.

Clear plastic housing, acetal rotor

assembly and four stainless steel rollers.

Select from brush-type reversible dc or synchronous ac motors.

Select from silicone (low-cost), Norprene®

(long life) and Viton® (chemical-resistant) tubing options.

Compact size — 60 x 47 x 74 mm (Vdc);

60 x 70 x 66 mm (Vac)(W x H x D).

Shpg. Wt. 0.4 kg (0.9 lb).

for wait for it $35 each with tubing

the can be mount quite easy and for xtra cash to can get them with a cover $15 more

http://www.iprocessmart.com/images/APT/SP100FOPS-2DDd.pdf

if i get enough interest i can make up a bulk order

scott

how does one use this, do i need to incorporate a timer with this to dispense the fluid?

yes its just a simple on/off so if youfigure out how much fuild you want to dispense and time it and then put a simple count down timer or use a basic light timer

How many channels ?

just one channel you cant add any more head to it with this model but i can see if they have a multihead model

Yea I'm in for 3 also. I'm going this route instead of CA reactor and dose 2 part. I'll use the third for a Kalk drip for ATO.

Steve

How is the flowrate controlled? Is the 0.4ml/min to 24mL/min simply a function of the head or valve restriction?

I recall reading somewhere that the guts of a Drew's doser is an APT pump. Can anyone confirm?

I actually ran across these this past weekend but couldn't check out the APT site b/c of some "miva" site programming.

I would be interested in 2. Yes those are the guts of the drews doser. They have 4 rollers and therefore don't back syphon. The flowrate is controlled by the speed of the Motor it is synched with and the diameter of tubing used.

How is the flowrate controlled? Is the 0.4ml/min to 24mL/min simply a function of the head or valve restriction?

It is a function of the Head and is fixed. You have to look at the link in the first post and you purchase the model of the flow you want. It is not variable.

Steve

Any digital timer should work fine for dosing. Once you know how much 2 part your tank takes just calculate the flow rate and set the timer for that length of time. For ATO kalk makeup water the best way is probably through a controller with a float switch or a float switch with relay, however you could use a timer and make sure you drip it slow over at least 12 hours I'd say with the approximate evap you get daily.

what kinda timer would be good to use with these?

You can use a digital light timer or a controller like the RK2 if you have one.

any specific light timers..I see some have a min of 1min on time..do you need any to have more exact times

I was looking at this if I wanted to run 2 dosers

http://www.aquacave.com/eco-plus-dual-digi...-timer-997.html

1 minute on time should be fine just get a slower pump if it isn't. You should be able to find some digital timers for less than that I think. Check walmart or ebay.

Steve

It is a function of the Head and is fixed. You have to look at the link in the first post and you purchase the model of the flow you want. It is not variable.

Steve

I hate when people (me, for example) ask questions that have already been answered in a previous post!

So, would we need to specify a common motor for the bulk order? I'd like 2 units.

Archived