Pod Your Reef

Nicks Biocube 29

nbavf6

Tank looks great!!! Keep it up. I got some GSP attached to my RBTA and its growing out quite nicely.

So what are future plans, next steps?

-jds

Thanks JDS

Well I'm moving in first of June to new apartment. So I think I'm just going to stick with corals. Maybe add some more. Right now I have Aquacultured Eagle Eyes zoos, Pinks/Green eyes zoos, Purple zoos, Orange/Red zoos, Green clove polyp that is starting to grow, 4 heads of hammer, greens, GSP, some purple with purple/blue spots, hitchhiker green paly with 2 buds and recently discovered last night..... LOOKS TO BE.. a purple mushroom with yellow spots. Its really small on the left side of the tank attached to a rock. I have a fuge with SteveT submersible lights, biocube skimmer.

Thinking about Nanocustoms 144watt pc light upgrade for the summer. (STILL DEBATING) other than that more corals.

Think i might trade some frags this weekend with a local. he got some purple with green ring in them, not purple hornets but close and i might get him to frag some... well it is like GSP but different color and different name but i forgot. :unsure: pipe organs maybe...

He also has some octopus frogspawn, Same guy i got my hammer off of. and he has some red mushrooms...

Also a while back i bought some orange zoos and they are in my friends tank. Waiting for them to spread onto his rock so i can take them back. So long story short. Just more corals. Fish later, had ich really bad. Worse than I thought and it caught up to them quickly. So just going to wait for parasite to die then start over this summer.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I know before I even post this I should have pictures to post with it but i dont. BUT picked up 3 more frags yesterday evening. Red zoos, pale yellow/lime with lime green mouth zoos, and some dark mouthed, orange ring, dark outer ring green skirt zoos. Starting to get a variety. Post pics soon.

Well picked up some more stuff. But don't have pictures of everything yet. What is pictured

Fuge lights

Chamber 2 Fuge. Chemi-pure is under the cheato to keep in place.

IMG00709.jpg

IMG00710.jpg

IMG00711.jpg

This is where it splits from one wire to two

IMG00713.jpg

Picked up two more kinds of zoos.

pale lemon lime with with green mouth. I CALL THEM SPRITE hahahaha (trying to act gangsta) ;)

IMG00704.jpg

Eagle Eyes

IMG00707.jpg

Radioactive Dragon Eyes

IMG00708.jpg

IMG00701.jpg

Sorry they cell phone pictures. Camera not available at the moment

demonclownfish

ya that was a bad mistake in the beginning, especially with the scooter blenny..., that was way too early for any fish life, and maybe a little to early for the cleaner. but its now like what 2 months old? id think a clown would be good in it now but wait a while for another scooter or something. do not get a mandarin mine just died on me in my 29 biocube and they are such beatiful fish you just hate to see them go...

ya that was a bad mistake in the beginning, especially with the scooter blenny..., that was way too early for any fish life, and maybe a little to early for the cleaner. but its now like what 2 months old? id think a clown would be good in it now but wait a while for another scooter or something. do not get a mandarin mine just died on me in my 29 biocube and they are such beatiful fish you just hate to see them go...

Well i dont think it was lack of food supply. I have pods all over my tank. I think I might have added on accident too much ph buffer and in doing so stressed out the fish. Which in turn caused them to get ich really bad. They were fine until i added that buffer then they seemed to get really sick. The ich i think overwhelmed them and thats how they died. Food source for the scooter was not a problem. He would eat brine and mysis shrimp. My cleaner shrimp is fine though. He was never effected. Thats why it leads me more to the ich.

stotan1243
Well i dont think it was lack of food supply. I have pods all over my tank. I think I might have added on accident too much ph buffer and in doing so stressed out the fish. Which in turn caused them to get ich really bad. They were fine until i added that buffer then they seemed to get really sick. The ich i think overwhelmed them and thats how they died. Food source for the scooter was not a problem. He would eat brine and mysis shrimp. My cleaner shrimp is fine though. He was never effected. Thats why it leads me more to the ich.

Didnt seem like too early to add fish to me personally, a little overload of the ph buffer leading to stress then to ick makes sense to me. When you do add fish again what are u planning on getting?

Didnt seem like too early to add fish to me personally, a little overload of the ph buffer leading to stress then to ick makes sense to me. When you do add fish again what are u planning on getting?

I havent really decided yet. I really like the gold stripe maroon clowns... but idk. I like the dispar anthias. but i dont know much about anthias. read they like lots of water so maybe a small tank might not be good but they are pretty. maybe a purple firefish but im not really thinking about fish. I got to figure out how to move my tank at the end of the month to my new apartment. Any fish suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...

Well got a purple firefish the other day. Need to borrow a good camera from someone and take new pics. Got new stuff and I moved so slightly new arangement tried to keep it close to the same. New zoos include, medussa, fire ice, alpha omega, fireflies, red people eaters, bird of prey, devils armor and picked up some red acans. So far Acans are doing fine under stock lighting. It was a spur of the moment thing, see i they will survuve. any tips on how to keep them. Dont know much about Acans.

I like to feed my acan frag brine shrimp... I use a mini eye dropper suck some up and put a few shrimp right on the tentacles around the mouth. They should gobble it right up.

So far Acans are doing fine under stock lighting. It was a spur of the moment thing, see i they will survuve. any tips on how to keep them. Dont know much about Acans.

Acans, just like most other LPS, will survive fine under your stock lighting. I spot feed mine every other day and they are doing great.

I like to feed my acan frag brine shrimp... I use a mini eye dropper suck some up and put a few shrimp right on the tentacles around the mouth. They should gobble it right up.

Acans, just like most other LPS, will survive fine under your stock lighting. I spot feed mine every other day and they are doing great.

Thanks guys for the help!

• 1 year later...

Archived