Coral Vue Hydros

Nicks Biocube 29

nbavf6

Well Sand is all white now. Diamond goby is putting in work. I picked up a cleaner shrimp the other day. He is cool. Chases my clown around tryin to clean him. Tank is going good. Got a lot of different zoos. Looking for more.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright people, I need some ideas for upgrades for my tank. Considering lighting upgrades and still trying to figure out my middle chamber and protein skimmer, which ones fit? Not sure what i want to do. Thinkin about a fuge. Just dont know to much about them. Also In hood light upgrade. Any ideas about anything though would be nice. Thanks

Great rockage.

Thanks Dex

i like the rock work !

Thanks

Alright just installed a HF6. :) Question though. Should i keep the cover on and the black filter stuff or just pop it off and run it that way. Cause i took it off so it fits nicely down in chamber 3. It has a little bit of a noticeable hum/rattle to it. This normal? Any way to fix it? Feedback please. :)

Sweet tank. I really like the cave you've built and the rockscape is pretty cool. While I'm pretty new to the saltwater game and nano-reef, i'd just recommend some more rock for that size of a tank. Thinking about getting a BC29 myself so...

How are you liking it? Having any problems so far?

Sweet tank. I really like the cave you've built and the rockscape is pretty cool. While I'm pretty new to the saltwater game and nano-reef, i'd just recommend some more rock for that size of a tank. Thinking about getting a BC29 myself so...

How are you liking it? Having any problems so far?

Yeah I really like the tank. Easy set up and can add many mods to increase performance. Wish the lights were stronger, more watts, but o well. I have had trouble keeping fish... I think ich and some other disease has taken them away... :( corals though are bright and open and happy. So i'm still trying to figure out that deal. I would recommend one. If you look at the biocube resource guide member biocubes you'll see many different setups and all love them. I am just having a rough start. I might of added just a touch to much ph buffer on accident and that ended up costing my fish. But inverts are great. Cleaner shrimp is great. And yes i am out of town right now but will be getting more rock...

OK I HAVE SOMETHING WRONG AND NEED HELP ASAP!

So last few days the fish looked to be stressed out...

So took water sample to LFS..

tested ammonia nitrite nitrate salinity...

EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT OK!!! this morning woke up and corals are all fine and all 3 fish were dead... :( Corals, cleaner shrimp, inverts are fine... Fish showed signs of ich... but what would have killed them? Would seachem ph buffer 8.3 do that? I didnt add much. maybe spiked the ph by .2... but wouldnt they recover from it? Would that kill them? there is a dusty look on my algae... looks like a dirt/dust stuff. like if you look in the bottom of chamber 2 or 3 there is a silt on the bottom.. That is what is on my algae.. it looks like that. If anyone can help me. Anything would be great!!! PLEASE!!!

Yeah I really like the tank. Easy set up and can add many mods to increase performance. Wish the lights were stronger, more watts, but o well. I have had trouble keeping fish... I think ich and some other disease has taken them away... :( corals though are bright and open and happy. So i'm still trying to figure out that deal. I would recommend one. If you look at the biocube resource guide member biocubes you'll see many different setups and all love them. I am just having a rough start. I might of added just a touch to much ph buffer on accident and that ended up costing my fish. But inverts are great. Cleaner shrimp is great. And yes i am out of town right now but will be getting more rock...

Glad to hear you like the tank. Helps me decide that im probably going to go with the bc 29 then. Sorry to hear about losing fish, tough thing about this hobby is that it happens...dont let it get ya down! B) Glad to hear corals are good though. Those mushrooms are TIGHT! Have u considered alkalinity to be a problem, or high levels of calcium? I'm sure everything will get back on track. Good luck!

OK I HAVE SOMETHING WRONG AND NEED HELP ASAP!

So last few days the fish looked to be stressed out...

So took water sample to LFS..

tested ammonia nitrite nitrate salinity...

EVERYTHING CHECKED OUT OK!!! this morning woke up and corals are all fine and all 3 fish were dead... :( Corals, cleaner shrimp, inverts are fine... Fish showed signs of ich... but what would have killed them? Would seachem ph buffer 8.3 do that? I didnt add much. maybe spiked the ph by .2... but wouldnt they recover from it? Would that kill them? there is a dusty look on my algae... looks like a dirt/dust stuff. like if you look in the bottom of chamber 2 or 3 there is a silt on the bottom.. That is what is on my algae.. it looks like that. If anyone can help me. Anything would be great!!! PLEASE!!!

more info needed:

- what were the water parameters?

- any new livestock added lately? were they in a QT tank before then?

- pictures of the 'signs of ich'?

- 2 month old tank - maybe not ready for 3 fish + inverts etc?

nbavf6,

sorry to hear about the issues. I agree with Phase420 that pics would be helpful. What are you running in the 2nd chamber for filtration?

more info needed:

Glad to hear you like the tank. Helps me decide that im probably going to go with the bc 29 then. Sorry to hear about losing fish, tough thing about this hobby is that it happens...dont let it get ya down! B) Glad to hear corals are good though. Those mushrooms are TIGHT! Have u considered alkalinity to be a problem, or high levels of calcium? I'm sure everything will get back on track. Good luck!

Thanks for the comment on the mushrooms. I have more. That was one i cut in half and it is growing back into 2 shrooms very quickly! I love those mushrooms these pictures came out good. They are purple with aqua blue spots. :happy:

more info needed:

nbavf6,

sorry to hear about the issues. I agree with Phase420 that pics would be helpful. What are you running in the 2nd chamber for filtration?

Well took water to LFS.

They test ammonia nitrite and nitrate all checked out ok.

ph :7.9

salinity 1.025

dont have calcium or alkalinity test.

Only livestock added lately was cleaner shrimp, that was about 2 weeks ago.

Fitration in middle chamber:

Live rock rubble, carbon, chemi-pure elite, handful of bioballs and filter floss.

I am certain fish had ich... I don't trust the coral safe ich medication and I dont have a QT tank. Mixed garlic in with food. Feed 2 times daily so they would of hopefully built up immunity.

Water temp : 78

IDK the only thing I can think of is that reef buffer caused a spike in ph right after i added it and the alkalinity did something crazy..... Thats the only thing I can think of. That is the only think I can think of that it could be. But if it didnt kill them instantly why would it take 3 or 4 days. Is that possible. Thanks for the help. More feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Also since i cut the tab in chamber 1 to chamber 2 i cant hang my skimmer on the tab. QUESTION!!! CAN I PUT SKIMMER IN CHAMBER 3????? hang it on the tab in between chamber 2 and 3. then put heater in chamber 1. Will this work? Thanks.

basicfisherman

If you have the Oceanic brand skimmer, us the suction cups to place it in chamber one. If you have the money I would buy a used sapphire skimmer for your tank. I picked one up for cheap on the for sale ads on this forum. I would say that it is probally to soon to put that many fish in there.

If you have the Oceanic brand skimmer, us the suction cups to place it in chamber one. If you have the money I would buy a used sapphire skimmer for your tank. I picked one up for cheap on the for sale ads on this forum. I would say that it is probally to soon to put that many fish in there.

Thanks I'll look into that.

Added about 5 and 1/2 more lbs of rock today. Looks full!

Corals are looking good.

PICTURES AS PROMISED!!!

FTS

DSC01756.jpg

FTSRS

DSC01765.jpg

FTSLS

DSC01766.jpg

100Watt Heater AND HF6

DSC01777.jpg

Protein Skimmer and CUT TAB W/ FLOSS

DSC01776.jpg

GREEN CLOVE POLYP. Got for FREE at LFS. STARTING TO BUD IM EXCITED!!!

DSC01783-1.jpg

My PINK Cocos. One of my favs! :)

DSC01758.jpg

Hammer. Has 3 baby heads coming in!

DSC01761.jpg

My Cleaner!

DSC01769.jpg

Tubs Blues

DSC01763.jpg

Whammin Watermelons

DSC01745.jpg

ENJOY!! I know some are repeat pictures but they all in one spot now to look at. :)

Tanks looking good dude. Free clove polyp!? Thats awesome. Must have a pretty cool LFS

Thanks

Yeah it was just laying on the bottom of the coral tank and I was like hey! can i have that for free? he was yeah ill bag it up for you. Now its starting to bud at the bottom and i'm excited. Nice green middle!! :)

Well got the double ended submersible lights from SteveT and a ball of cheato and i know have a fuge in chamber 2. Bag of chemi-pure is laying over the second drip try. A 11 oz bag so the cheato cant escape!

can you post some pics of the fuge? would love to see how the submersible lights do

Ill try to post pics soon. The lights are really simple and cool. Just need to get my friends camera.

Is that GHA on the back wall?

GHA, im guessing is green hair algae, and not sure what type of algae it is. I was taking a toothbrush and knocking it off. but i got lazy. Its really short and has been. Got a couple coraline algae spots so i might try to knock off some of the algae and hopefully that will fill in. Thats the only place i have that algae.

Also picked up a frag of GSP the other day. they finally coming out. which is good :)

Tank looks great!!! Keep it up. I got some GSP attached to my RBTA and its growing out quite nicely.

So what are future plans, next steps?

-jds

Archived