ReefCleaners.org

Gulf's AP24

gulfsurfer101

ok, money order it is! It should be sent out this friday. :) Thanks so much, any frags are awesome. The frogspawn is great, it does split really quickly. You should def. get one in the 40 :P

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101
ok, money order it is! It should be sent out this friday. :) Thanks so much, any frags are awesome. The frogspawn is great, it does split really quickly. You should def. get one in the 40 :P

Just might do that if I can find one any cheaper than what they sell for around here. The local shops sell them for like 75 bucks for like four heads which is a totall rip. Up in San Antone I was wanted to buy a 15 headed one for 34 bucks but I had my AP12 set up so there was definately no room for it. Just let me know when your going to mail it out and I'll let you know where to mail it to. I'll try and hook you up and the 24 bucks is pretty much the cost of shipping+materails but I have a few duplicate frags I can spare to help out a fellow reefer in need of new frags.

Thanks again. Dang that's expensive!!!! mine was like 17 for 2 heads.. now it has six. I'll be sending it out tomorrow!!!

gulfsurfer101

I just got my custom overflow box done today at a local acrylic shop for a 12 pack of michelob variety pack. That was the sweetest deal since I was able to help the guy drink half of it. Pics and update's for my 40 tommorrow if I can get up since I have tommorrow off, yeah! That give's me the whole day to get things done on my new tank.

gulfsurfer101

Here are some pics of where I was thinking of adding my corner overflow for my 40br build. I also decided to go ahead and let the lfs owner guy to build the stand for this tank. From what I hear he is really good and I think it even came out to the same price as one of those petco stands.

coralsNkids2083.jpg

coralsNkids2074.jpg

I am still undecided if I want to cut some skimmer teeth into the acrylic or just shave some down and just have it spill over. I think I'm going to do the latter just because it will look more hidden.

Nice. That tank looks sweet. I might have to get one of those one day. :) Money is being sent in the morning, I got the money order today. So if you could send me the info that would be good.

gulfsurfer101

I'll do my best to get them to you looking as good as they do now. I'm pretty excited about getting the rock in tommorrow for my 40 tommorrow. Yesssss!!!!!!!!!

gulfsurfer101

I got my rock today shipped from San Antonio,Tx in so it was like a trip down the road so I'm hoping in not seeing a cycle at all but I still have it sittiing in a rubber bin till I get the tank ready anyways. F&%&%ing sweet!!! I'll alos be adding to ov bidiox for my 40 tonight. I decided to just cut some teeth into the plastic since I have the table saw to my use and nothing to shave it down with for a spill over. Should be a pretty busy night.

gulfsurfer101

I got some teeth cut into the ov box but I had to call it quits for the night so I will silicone it in place then drill it this weekend. I was also looking into my AP tonight which is something I rarely had time to do in a while and noticed some growth on lot's of things in there but none as impressive as the three headed frag of nuclear greens I got from kool-cat that have already doubled in paly's.

gulfsurfer101
ooh, nuke greens are super cool. How long do you think it will be before you have some water running in the 40?

If all goes as planned which it never does then sometime next week. I just picked up my stand today and dropped the tank off in the proccess to have it drilled then I will just add my bulkhead and put the overflow box in place. I will let it cure for a couple of days to a week before I add water and the new rock that came in. I also will be building the hood for the tank this weekend since it looks to be a pretty dreary weekend and I'll be stuck in the garage just doing guy things like my gf likes to say. I'll get some pics of the progress tommorrow after I pick up my tank. It has been going a lot faster than I realized since I have barely been moving my arse to get things done.

gulfsurfer101

I had planned on selling this tank after I set up my 40br but I think I'm going to keep it after all and set up an angler tank or something for a cool fish habitat tank.

you could turn it into a really neat marco tank. get all kinds of exotic and nice algaes and such. then you could prune them and put them in any other tanks you have for display purposes. just an idea!

Cool. Can't wait for pics. An angler would be sweet. Or maybe a harlequin shrimp pair!?

They are super cool, but kinda spensiiiive. :P

gulfsurfer101

Those are both some sweet ideas but I think I have enought room in my sump for a macro fuge and I want to do that in this tank so I will be sending johmaloney that pm when I'm ready for it but I just had the sweetest idea for this tank. My daughters 10g is loooking pretty lame with just some gsp and some shrooms in it so I'm thinking of setting this tank in here room along with a hob fuge and doing tank raised seahoarses that don't take too much work to keep alive.

gulfsurfer101

I'm doing it yo!!! JK, I don't have a clue as to what I'm going to do with this tank after the tear down but I installed my overlfow box yesterday and the silicone looks like it will hold since I siliconed the $#!@ out of it. I think I'll get the plumbing worked out today and do a leak test this saterday. If everything seems to hold after a few hours I will swap out hte fresh water for ro water and just add salt. Wish I could get some pics up of the progress but I left the digi at the rents for the easter holidays and don't feel like making the hour and a half drive to go get it. It won't be long at all now.

gulfsurfer101

So I started adding ro water to my sump and should have the tank and sump filled up by the end of the day along with the rock work. I will let it run for about two weeks before adding anything. As far as my Ap24 goes, I poicked up a huge turbo along with two red legged hermits and a velvet blue damsel since it was super cheap on sale and looks really cool.

gulfsurfer101

Things are moving along pretty quickly today with the 40. I got some pvc fitted behind the stand for the overflow and is outside drying right now after being glued and painted to match the stand. The only problem I'm having now is getting the 1" clear tube to match up to the pumps 1" outlet. PITA problem that will have to wait till my baby daughter wakes up so that we can go to home depot and get it fixxed and pick up another can of krylon fusion to get the back and bottom painted and go bb for this next tank.

gulfsurfer101
cool cool. I think we need some pics pleeeze. :)

That's the worst thing about this latest build, my digi is still at at my parents little ranch. It's definatley kinda a little drive but they seem to be in town everyweekend so I'm just hoping they remember to swing it by here whenever they come around. I've gotten so much done withe the latest 40br and haven't been able to get pics of anything that I've done. I did find a couple of leaks on the overflow this last Sat so I tried my best to fix that since that would be a catastrophe waiting to happen. I think I will try another leak test tommorrow and if it leaks then I'm just planning on ripping out the overflow box and just trying it again. the sump and stank are ready to go and I just need to build some kind of canopy for it.

Archived