inTank Media Baskets

Neon vs. Royal Gramma

weeber

I have a 12 gallon AP with a yasha goby and a small hawk like fish if i can get another fish what one would be better or which one do you like better.

I have a 12 gallon AP with a yasha goby and a small hawk like fish if i can get another fish what one would be better or which one do you like better.

small hawk like fish?

and neon what?

Im assuming neon psuedo, which will wreck havoc on that tank..

Its already overstocked with the fish he/she has in it.

I would say remove one of the fish and be happy with that.

If it's a hawkfish your gobies days are numbered.

i dont no what he is i caught him in my canal and have had him for about 4 months and dosent bother any thing he is about 2 ins. long. and neon goby.

Im assuming neon psuedo, which will wreck havoc on that tank..

Its already overstocked with the fish he/she has in it.

I would say remove one of the fish and be happy with that.

If it's a hawkfish your gobies days are numbered.

My lfs came by to do a water change and said it is a type of hawk fish but i think it is a type of blenny and my params are are next to nothing.

:eek::scarry::o IMO you should Id the unknown fish in your tank before putting it in there. You got a pic?

I do but i dont know how to post a pic yet im a noob here. and i know it was a risky move to put the fish in there but i was younger and newer to the aquarium trade but it paid off hes a good eater loves pods and is very interesting fish.

trade in the hawk fish....

if you must have a tank full of fish, get a bigger tank...

they need some rule to tell folks like.... one 2'' fish per 5 gal...

There is no fish inch per gallon rule in Saltwater, its a stupid rule in the first place.

If you dont know what you're doing you dont need to be in Saltwater.. you need to research and THEN start a tank... not start ish then start asking questions when stuff goes wrong that is obvious.

If you can't tell the difference between a hawkfish and a blenny you need to stop.

Also, post stuff in the right forum and the mods will love you :)

Ive done plenty of research and been in salt for 2 years now but im only 12 and i know i posted in the wrong topic but like i said im a noob here and i just figured out how to start a thread i wasnt thinkn about where to put it.

Google results were made by real people.

i know but i want to TALK to people about it and dont get started bout we're on the internet we cant be talking.

Somehow it seems you are stepping on your own feet.

i dont no wat that means.

My lfs came by to do a water change and said it is a type of hawk fish but i think it is a type of blenny and my params are are next to nothing.

again i dont no wat that means.

This is what I mean by stepping on your own feet.

i know there isnt a "fish per gal" rule for saltwater (actually there has been books written with one but, eh it was wrong)

as far as fish per gal rule, it doesnt encompass the behavior of the specific fish......take a percher vs a schooler.....in the ocean, a perchers territory might only be a couple square feet where as schoolers need miles of terr.

if the fishes adult size is no more than 2'' and its not a schooler, then 5 gal should be fine....like all the lil gobies and what have you folks are keepin in picos....

the vastness of the ocean boggles the minds of some people...... heck i bet cha that a lot of noobers havent even seen the ocean let alone the reef....

just remember kiddies....the ocean is a big place, keepin a fish in a lil tank is like you being locked in the trunk of a honda

i know there isnt a "fish per gal" rule for saltwater (actually there has been books written with one but, eh it was wrong)

as far as fish per gal rule, it doesnt encompass the behavior of the specific fish......take a percher vs a schooler.....in the ocean, a perchers territory might only be a couple square feet where as schoolers need miles of terr.

if the fishes adult size is no more than 2'' and its not a schooler, then 5 gal should be fine....like all the lil gobies and what have you folks are keepin in picos....

the vastness of the ocean boggles the minds of some people...... heck i bet cha that a lot of noobers havent even seen the ocean let alone the reef....

just remember kiddies....the ocean is a big place, keepin a fish in a lil tank is like you being locked in the trunk of a honda

If your tryin to make fun of my age not funny and i live in FT. Lauderdale and go to the keys or bahamas every summer i know what a reef looks like more than you but you still have a good point.

If your tryin to make fun of my age not funny and i live in FT. Lauderdale and go to the keys or bahamas every summer i know what a reef looks like more than you but you still have a good point.

lmfaooo@this.

That's an awesome quote!

Archived