SaltCritters.com

what would you get..Tunze 6025 or MP20

05XRunner

O5x since it's not a rush I'll keep you posted. T minus 1 day, my 6025's come out tomorrow and the MP20 goes in. I'll post on your thread to let you know what I think.

O5x since it's not a rush I'll keep you posted. T minus 1 day, my 6025's come out tomorrow and the MP20 goes in. I'll post on your thread to let you know what I think.

Please post here, kay?

I am interested as well.

Is this going in your 24 Aquapod?

thanks...I am probably going to be making my order on Monday or Tues next week

You might want to step that up, Sat. is the last day for the Group Buy.

You might want to step that up, Sat. is the last day for the Group Buy.

dont have the money for it before that..and its only saving me 20bucks..not like thats some major savings on that group buy to feel like a loss

Honestly, I think if you're honest with yourself, if you get the 6025s, you'll always regret not getting the MP20 because you'll think about how nice it would be to have a wavemaker.

I have an MP20 in a 22g cadlights and am very happy with it. Had 2 controllable koralia 1's and really prefer the extra room I have now without 2 powerheads in the tank. I can switch up the modes every now and then (reef crest mode, to short pulse for waves, to constant flow at full power to blow any gunk off the rocks) which I like. Only think I don't like is the night mode and the fact that there's no backup inside the controller that remembers the mode settings or night mode time if the controller is unplugged for cleaning or water changes.

That's nitpicky though and otherwise I think it's a great pump.

tunze 6025 - owned 4... all garbage. clips break. big mess. TUNZE HAS AWESOME CS THOUGH. <3 roger

mp20 - have one. it's pathetic. 20g max imo. also poorly made... cable falls out of controller (do a search)

mp40w (gen1) - controller failed. icecap replaced it asap. (icecap no longer does their repairs so idk about now)

mp40w (gen2) - godly.

agreed, mostly.

6025's are decent at best, and highly overrated imo. i would rather have a k3.

i've been running an mp20 in my tank for about 6 months and although i had the same thoughts as adin originally (under powered), it's holding its own just fine. however, my corals are starting to get quite a bit bigger and blocking alot of flow so i do plan on doing the mp40w upgrade within the next few months.

mp20>6025 hands down.

You are both wrong.

30g breeder is 36" long.

No its not..go look it up..My perfecto 30Breeder is 30" its not the same as an AGA 30B that is 36"

No its not..go look it up..My perfecto 30Breeder is 30" its not the same as an AGA 30B that is 36"

OX is right guys, I have had both and the perfecto is 30"

The mp20 is bigger than I thought. The driver has some serious weight to it. These are just my first impressions literally right out of the box. Anybody know the glass thickness for an ap24?

As people have stated before this mp20 moves a lot of water but it is different than the Tunze. If I had to describe it I wold say that all the water is moving as compared to a section of water moving in one direction. The undertow is the difference I think. I have been running it on full and it is not underpowered. That being said if I were building another 40B, I would do 2 mp40's off of the back wall or 2 opposing from the sides. The mp20's power is understated it doesn't make water splash over the side, rather the whole water column moves around. I'll check back later.

Should I set the spacer for 1/4" or 3/16" ?

The mp20 is good at moving all the water, but I wished It would give me more wave action than 1/2 inch. My tank is 24x18x21. They say its rated for up to 70g, but I doubt there will be any waves.

Archived