inTank Media Baskets

what would you get..Tunze 6025 or MP20

05XRunner

I kinda want to change pumps around...I really would like to get that MP20 so i can make some waves in my tank..its just it cost ALOT.

Or do i wanna just get 2 6025 and call it a day..

adin sez the mp20 sucks. I only have the mp40w and I love it. If I were to get a vortech I'd get the mp40w.

between the 6025's and mp20, I'd probably get the two 6025. Or preferably the 6045. I'd really just get an mp40w though

Just wonderin', but aren't the Vortech pumps "over-kill" for our small tanks?

well I have a 30breeder tank..and was trying to get a little wave action going

well if your looking for wave action then your not going to like the 6025s they are not controllable (im sure you knew that)... but they are pretty frickin strong! and you can mod them to up the output to that of the 6045 and get even more flow... im happy with my 6025... i was in the same boat as you and couldnt afford 400 on a pump, for water movement i would rate the 6025 an A

I can only tell you what my experience was with my two 6025's in my BC29 and my experience now with my MP20 in my 20H.

I had two 6025s in my BC29 and thought they put out some spectacular flow....probably too much for such a small cube style tank. It seemed that all of my SPS loved the flow and everything was staying healthy.

I have since taken down that tank and setup my 20H. I sold the two 6025s and decided to go with the MP20 and got it through StanD and the group buy. All parameters and lighting the same, the SPS are growing like crazy, coloration has increased, and overall coral health is better with the MP20 in the 20H.

The only thing that I can tell you is that I wouldn't go back to the 6025s now that I have the MP20 in my 20H. The growth that I have gotten over the last month in the new tank with the Vortech surpasses the growth I got in 6 months with the 6025s.

Just my two cents though....just really comes down to what you want and how much you want to spend.

Please do not say to buy something that was NOT listed...I said I will NOT buy a MP40..so the 2 are MP20 and 6025...Why is that sooo hard for people to understand?

I think I might go with the MP20 because I really wanna do that wave action.

You are comparing apples to oranges.

MP20 = 500-2,000gph

6025 = 660gph

The MP20 has a controller, the 6025 does not. The MP20 is WAY more expensive. You should be comparing it with a 6055 that is controllable and closer to the same gph.

The Tunze will "reach" further because the flow velocity is higher. The MP20 will have a much wider flow pattern but not a good choice for a tank longer than 24"

Please do not say to buy something that was NOT listed...I said I will NOT buy a MP40..so the 2 are MP20 and 6025...Why is that sooo hard for people to understand?

Because you will have wished you bought the MP40W when you go to a larger tank.

For future reference you can upgrade the MP20 to a MP40W with the "wireless wave driver upgrade package"

And stop complaining about $400+ for a MP40W. Just go through "StanD" and get your choice of either pump for a great price.

Because you will have wished you bought the MP40W when you go to a larger tank.

For future reference you can upgrade the MP20 to a MP40W with the "wireless wave driver upgrade package"

And stop complaining about $400+ for a MP40W. Just go through "StanD" and get your choice of either pump for a great price.

LOL..I love when people have conclusions they think they know all..Will not be going to a larger tank..again will not pay $400 because I am not getting on teh group buy as it will be over by the time I order..

You are comparing apples to oranges.

MP20 = 500-2,000gph

6025 = 660gph

The MP20 has a controller, the 6025 does not. The MP20 is WAY more expensive. You should be comparing it with a 6055 that is controllable and closer to the same gph.

The Tunze will "reach" further because the flow velocity is higher. The MP20 will have a much wider flow pattern but not a good choice for a tank longer than 24"

I wasnt comparing them...I was trying to see what do i wanna go with..Pay more and get the MP20 so i can make teh wave action..or just get the 2 6025 that will give me alot of fow in the tank and thats all I would need.

Have you looked at the features comparing the 20 vs 40?

VorTech MP20 features 4 basic operational modes (constant, lagoon random, reef crest random, and feed mode

VorTech MP40w: constant, lagoon random, reef crest random, short pulse, long pulse, and feed mode

Both pumps have night mode.

You loose the short and long pulse modes. Which IS the wave maker. Reef crest and Lagoon do not make waves. They make great water current. I personally don't like waves so I use Reef Crest. Which would work in your position, But the pump will not make a wave.

If you are bent on making waves. Since you don't want the MP40W, you might want to research more products and pumps.

Have you looked at the features comparing the 20 vs 40?

VorTech MP20 features 4 basic operational modes (constant, lagoon random, reef crest random, and feed mode

VorTech MP40w: constant, lagoon random, reef crest random, short pulse, long pulse, and feed mode

Both pumps have night mode.

You loose the short and long pulse modes. Which IS the wave maker. Reef crest and Lagoon do not make waves. They make great water current. I personally don't like waves so I use Reef Crest. Which would work in your position, But the pump will not make a wave.

If you are bent on making waves. Since you don't want the MP40W, you might want to research more products and pumps.

maybe you should actually know what your talking about before posting

the MP20 has all the same modes..short and long pulse.

http://www.ecotechmarine.com/products/mp20.php

the Mp40 only thing over the Mp20 is that it goes to 3000gph and has the wireless thing...dont need either

maybe you should actually know what your talking about before posting

the MP20 has all the same modes..short and long pulse.

http://www.ecotechmarine.com/products/mp20.php

+1. I did not know they have upgraded the 20 version. Just went to their website to make sure what I actually said was correct.

Also found a N-R review. http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...167991&st=0

Honestly, if you want the wave action, get the MP20 through StanD for less than $280 shipped and be done with it. Drop it in there, turn it on, get the wave going, and watch the happy fish and coral.

TriggerHappyDude

I think you'd be happier with the MP20, I almost bought but decided for the MP40w, because I knew I'd one day upgrade to a bigger tank. That being said, if I had your choice and factors, I'd go with the MP20...for the waves and I love the wires not being in the tank, its clean looking. To me, it can be said in this hobby, you pay for what you get...

PS. You have 4 days left on the Group Buy, I used it, it was very fast and easy transaction...if you're ready to pull the trigger and want to save some money...I would not miss this opportunity.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...rtech&st=60

I haven't used one of these pumps, but here's my thought--

If you have a smaller tank, get the MP20.

If you upgrade to a larger tank down the road, pay to get the upgrade to the MP40, which isn't all that expensive comparitively speaking.

If you do that, you will actually have more versatility in the long run, since you will be able to switch back and forth between MP20 and MP40 as the situation warrants, and you won't have spent much more than it would cost just to have gotten the MP40 in the first place.

Hope that made sense.

tunze 6025 - owned 4... all garbage. clips break. big mess. TUNZE HAS AWESOME CS THOUGH. <3 roger

mp20 - have one. it's pathetic. 20g max imo. also poorly made... cable falls out of controller (do a search)

mp40w (gen1) - controller failed. icecap replaced it asap. (icecap no longer does their repairs so idk about now)

mp40w (gen2) - godly.

tunze 6025 - owned 4... all garbage. clips break. big mess. TUNZE HAS AWESOME CS THOUGH. <3 roger

mp20 - have one. it's pathetic. 20g max imo. also poorly made... cable falls out of controller (do a search)

mp40w (gen1) - controller failed. icecap replaced it asap. (icecap no longer does their repairs so idk about now)

mp40w (gen2) - godly.

I notice the cable falling out of controller, but we have our controller velcroed to the stand sideways so I guess it can't fall out.

I thought it was stubbed because I dropped it once :(

Guess not lol

if ur trying to use just one mp20 in a 4' tank it isnt going to cut it. i had a mp40 in my 75g and needed another pump on the other side.

who said anything about a 4foot tank anywhere?

I have a 30" 30breeder tank

Archived