Coral Vue Hydros

JimBeam 40 breeder

JimBeam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swaped out my sump today. I took out the 10 gallon and put in the 20h I put together.

camera phone picture...

IMG00112.jpg

jamesforbus

The tank looks great. I've been thinking about changing from my 46 bow front to a 40 breeder myself. If you dont mind I have a few questions for you. I had a hang on the back overflow and it was very noisy, since you drilled your own, and had your overflow made is that noisy?, and if its not what did you do to make it quiet? Have you seen any big difference going to a shallow tank vs a taller tank?

Jim

my return is almost silent. I have a durso stand pipe in there. You might want to google "hoffer gurgle buster" and build one for your overflow. It will help with the noise

I have auto top off. I ordered a auto top off system from www.autotopoff.com . I got the run dry protection option with a dual switch. This thing was very easy to set up and works great. I'm using a 3 gallon bucket for the top off reservoir until I can build a reservoir that fits in the stand. Enough talk here are some pictures...

topoff.jpg

topoff1.jpg

topoff2.jpg

topoff3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Started working on the cabinet for the auto top off reservoir. Im almost done with it. Just need to add the bottom trim and put on the door.

S7300990.jpg

Also made a shelf to raise my skimmer higher in the sump to help it skim dryer. Just used a piece of acrylic and PVC. I used weld on to stick the pvc pieces to the acrylic. Here are some pics....

skimmershelf1.jpg

skimmershelf.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I built a small cabinet for my top off reservoir bucket. Now I need to build a matching one for the other side and use it for storage for reef related stuff.

newcabinet1.jpg

newcabinet.jpg

newcabinet3.jpg

It looks like the Olympic podium when they win medals. You need to more medal winning tanks.

Center is the Gold medal winner 40 Breeder

Left side is the Silver medal winner 20 gallon

Right side is the Bronze medal winner 10 gallon

:P

LOL....yeah it does look like the award podium. Im only going to have this tank runnin for another couple months. Im picking up a custom 1/2" glass 32"x24"x15" rimless tank Monday. Gonna sell this one once I set up the new one.

this tank will only be running until November. I have found a replacement....

32"x24"x15" 50 gallons

rimlesstank1.jpg

• 1 month later...
gulfsurfer101

The new tank looks sleek. I would do a floating canopy over that just to show her top off. Your existing tank looks like it's doing nicely too.

Archived