Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

JimBeam 40 breeder

JimBeam

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all done just waiting on the doors to come in tomorrow.

40balmostdone.jpg

40balmostdone1.jpg

40b.jpg

got two bags of this sand for $12.50 per 30lbs bag in a local group buy

sand.jpg

I got the doors in. Tomorrow I will be sanding them down and staining them to match the tank. I also have trigger systems building me my overflow which should be done next week sometime. Only thing left is drilling the tank, plumbing it up, and building my new sump. I'll post new pictures tomorrow of the doors installed.

Im waiting for the doors to dry. They sure take a long time in this 40 degree weather! I moved the stand into my living room. The stand is super heavy. I had to drag it in on cardboard.

S7300374.jpg

Doors first coat of stain drying.

S7300367.jpg

Got my holes drilled, installed the overflow, painted the back of the tank black, and put the rinsed sand in and about 4 inches of RO water. I plan on mixing some salt up in the tank today and at least getting the water moving and adding a piece of liverock or two.

I still need to set up the plumbing and clean up the doors and attach them.

holes.jpg

tankstandnodoors.jpg

thanks! The reason why the doors arent on there yet is because I screwed them up. They came finished and I had to sand off the old stain in order to add the new darker stain. I didnt sand them enough and the doors looked like crap. So next weekend I plan on sanding the doors down really well and re staining them. I can run the tank for a bit without doors anyway so its no big deal.

I love the stand man.Where did you buy the over flow wall?I am planning to drill my 40B.Are those tables beside the stand from IKEA.I got one just like yours. :D

I love the stand man.Where did you buy the over flow wall?I am planning to drill my 40B.Are those tables beside the stand from IKEA.I got one just like yours. :D

I got the overflow from Trigger Systems which is abotu 5 minutes away from my house. David there does great work! sales@triggersys.com is his email address. He will ship to you also.

The tables are from IKEA. They match my stand and will look nice next to it once I am finished. I will have this tank running and the transfer of the livestock done by this weekend!

We have water! 24 hours old. Just arranged the aquascaping tonight so its kind of cloudy.

ankday11.jpg

40bmarchday1.jpg

i am using my old 10gallon sump. Im going to upgrade to a 20 long sump soon.

plumbing.jpg

wow!! im never gonna get to sleep tonight! everytime i click refresh, another 40breeder thread pops up!! i like it! very nice stand! and the tank has come out very very nicely!!! i may have missed it, but did you reuse the sunpod on the new tank, or did you change lighting?? either way, it looks awesome!! is the tang your only fishy?? and is that a huge ric garden on the right? wow, i love the look!! keep up the good work!!

oh..and i see you like the tang team tag i made! lol :D

wow!! im never gonna get to sleep tonight! everytime i click refresh, another 40breeder thread pops up!! i like it! very nice stand! and the tank has come out very very nicely!!! i may have missed it, but did you reuse the sunpod on the new tank, or did you change lighting?? either way, it looks awesome!! is the tang your only fishy?? and is that a huge ric garden on the right? wow, i love the look!! keep up the good work!!

oh..and i see you like the tang team tag i made! lol :D

thanks for the compliments. I have a bunch of yumas there on the right side. I re used the current USA orbit 192 watt PC fixture. I plan on getting a Nova extreme Pro t5 fixture soon. Or I may do a DIY MH luminarc pendent. I still havent decided. And no the tang is joined by a six line wrasse but hes hard to see in pictures since he swims in the rocks.

I just got a great deal on a 175w MH retrofit with parabolic reflector, mogul socket and 15k iwasaki bulb. Looks like Im going Metal Halide! Im pretty darn excited.

thanks!

got the wood for my canopy. Im going to start building it early in the morning. Im hoping to be finished with it sunday.

This will be my first canopy build ever.

Just need to stain it now and cut the front end off in order to make the entire front of the canopy swing open. Tomorrow Im installing the light and a fan or two.

canopy3.jpg

canopy2.jpg

canopy.jpg

canopy1.jpg

Im waiting for the paint and stain to dry. It takes forever in this 50 degree weather. Once it dries Im installing the light. Im heading out to see if I can find a good fan to install in the canopy as well.

canopystained1.jpg

canopystained.jpg

Tomorrow I plan on drilling a hole in the canopy and installing the fan as well as the reflector and light. I should have metal halide on my tank tomorrow! Im also planning on installing my doors on my stand.

This is the fan I got at radio shack. I hooked it up to a power cord and its ready to be installed. Hopefully this thing moves enough air.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2103787

The canopy and lights are on. Now I just have to watch the temperature and see how high it goes. I also have the doors drying and I have to clean up the wiring.

canopydone1.jpg

canopydone2.jpg

canopydone3.jpg

canopydone4.jpg

Archived