Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Where to buy my Elos Mini

Babyham6

Hi all,

I'm sorry and I know it's late lol, but I would like some second opinions. I don't want to just make my decision off emotions and would like some reasoning behind the choice I make.

I have a quote with Premium Aquatics for an Elos Mini at 1700 which includes freight charges to my home. Only 2 states over from Indy. This price is suitable, and they are also giving me a 10% discount on an MP20 Vortech that I chose as well, no shipping, no tax. -- Downside, would have to wait another week to play with it when it finally gets here.

Greenwich Aquaria is in Connecticutt, an hour drive from the city (on a good day). I can make this drive tomorrow with my boyfriend if I really want to (we can both leave the office early hehe). Downside - the mini alone is retailed at $2,000 alone. I've heard rumors from some of the local reefers and some local NR.com peeps that they got some really great service, and some "freebies". Anyone want to delve in on this definition of "freebie"? There's also tax AND gas wasted... plus I'm afraid of ruining possible plans my better half might have planned for the Valentines weekend Lol.

What would you guys do? I'd love to have the tank for the three day weekend (President's Day on Monday!)

P.S. Thanks Kigs for helping :)

Personally I would save the money and go with Premium. I used to live local to them and you would be hard pressed to find better customer service. You will end up spending an extra $500 just to have it tomorrow by the time you figure in sales tax. That is a lot of money that could go towards other things. Even after buying the Vortech you would still be over $200 cheaper than the "local" place for the tank only. For that matter, you could buy the Vortech plus all of the live rock you need and still have change for other odds and ends. I love instant gratification as much as anyone, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much extra.

Personally I would save the money and go with Premium. I used to live local to them and you would be hard pressed to find better customer service. You will end up spending an extra $500 just to have it tomorrow by the time you figure in sales tax. That is a lot of money that could go towards other things. Even after buying the Vortech you would still be over $200 cheaper than the "local" place for the tank only. For that matter, you could buy the Vortech plus all of the live rock you need and still have change for other odds and ends. I love instant gratification as much as anyone, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that much extra.

Bah! Shush you! You're so right! Mr... 5 Posts!! :tears:omgomgomg

I saw that link. The 70 looks tempting. But there's no Light. One of hte big reasons why I want the mini is for the LED.

I've seen some MH systems and a chiller is just a waste of electricity/space/maintenance/worry.

Elos is also having a promotional sale for some of their bigger systems. Maybe the bf can upgrade the tank size for v-day? :happy:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthre...hreadid=1573172

Haha agreed+ B)

I've driven to premium aquatics. (less than an hour away) And the store is good but the staff is extremely helpful. So I vouch for them.

I'm confused on why you would be debating the money savings vs some "freebie" stuff that may or may not be added? Go Premium Aquatics and call it done! Did you talk to Scott?

that1reefstud

try marine depot they have a good price on the elos mini

marine depot elos mini

either way you go the no tax and the not driving and wasting gas to me is worth the extra weeks wait besides with the extra time and money saved you can come up with a stock list of what you want to put in it

I've inquired at marinedepot.com. They ship out from Texas as opposed to Indy where it's a lot closer. I guess I'll call premium aquatics tomorrow

I usually inquire during work hours so I sit in my office and use their live chat to pretend I'm working. I've spoken to one helpful person named Luke. Well at least that was his screenname :P

-- I made this post from my iPhone in bed and I find that oddly amazing. Must be too late. Update tomorrow

So my boyfriend has been working with the guys over at Premium Aquatics all day. I'm getting it tonight!!! YAY!

They AIR FREIGHTED IT! That's just awesome... and it was NEXT flight out. Original Freight shipping was 125. For the air we were just charged 190 which is oustanding!

I also added an MP20 Vortech, as well as some live rock. Will have a nice 3 day weekend to get it going.

Go meeee

Edit: Got tracking and it was shipped out 2:20, and will get here at 6:40pm.

One of their Reps. Luke. He's a great guy and was nice enough to tell us about another option which was faster - southwest cargo.

He gave us 10% off the Vortech as well - and no tax. Awesome for us new yorkers.

$190 bucks for same day delivery? Sounds like a deal to me.

Lol. Well we got home around 10, and brought everything into the apartment. We arrived at the Southwest Cargo area, and didn't bring the airbill number >.>

What the hell! We spoke to him earlier and he said we just needed ID. The guys from PA.com said the same. Well after much pouting, we finally got it and got home from a long drive.

We're going to try to set up the stand tomorrow because it comes with no instructions -_-

It's going to be a busy day tomorrow and I know I won't get much time to play with it so I want to get as much done tonight as possible. At least the stand... which is silver.

Enjoy.

sy5am9.jpg

2wbucrp.jpg

34pxv1f.jpg

2usa93c.jpg

Sorry, phone pictures.

Gnite all.

I can't sleep!!!

I'm thinking sps dominated tank with a frogspawn?

And a bluespot jawfish! They look so cute

EDIT: Oh yeah, and whatever you plan on giving me from your sexy tank! woo!

I can't sleep!!!

I'm thinking sps dominated tank with a frogspawn?

And a bluespot jawfish! They look so cute

EDIT: Oh yeah, and whatever you plan on giving me from your sexy tank! woo!

you can't sleep????lol mixed some saltwater.. :lol:

your tank alone w/out corals is sexy.

Archived