Pod Your Reef

NC24-150HQI-10gal Fuge

NanoReefNovice

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I need to figure out how I can cool my tank without a chiller. Ever heard of a fan upgrade or mod with the stock hood? I just dont have the money to buy a chiller at the moment. My tank reaches 84 during the day and about 80 at night. You think thats too much of a swing?

NanoReefNovice
I need to figure out how I can cool my tank without a chiller. Ever heard of a fan upgrade or mod? I just dont have the money to buy a chiller at the moment. My tank reaches 84 during the day and about 80 at night. You think thats too much of a swing?

The lower the temp swing you can achieve the better. My tank stays between 80 and 80.5. If i were you i would bump up the heater to keep the night temp the same as the day. You can definitely upgrade the fans but if your like the rest of us on this site your going to want to upgrade your lighting so you may want to wait on that. Remember the MJ1200 your running puts off a lot of heat also so if your temps become a real problem you might want to go with a MJ900, little less flow a lot less wattage and heat.

NanoReefNovice

I kinda dropped the ball on getting my photos of my new additions up, :unsure: long hrs at work. -_-

Here is a pic of my new clownfishies i got last weekend, they love that GSP. :happy:

CIMG5277.gif

Got some new green shrooms that are behind the YWG that i never postied up pics of...

CIMG5301.gif

A yuma

CIMG5284.gif

and open brain.

CIMG5273.gif

And.... I won one a pair of picasscos from cristosclowns. omgomgomg

Funny timing though b/c i just got this pair. Im going to be moving this pair into another tank i have and put the picassos up in the NC. ;) I cant wait!

..................:happydance:..................:happydance:..................:happydance:..................:happydance:..................

NanoReefNovice

I know dude, ive never won anything. :lol:

Yesterday ended up being the coolest day. I found out that i won, then i found $50 spot on the ground when i got off work and it costs $55 to overnight the fishies to me. It too good to be true. :happy:

i so stoked, whaooooo! :happydance:

NanoReefNovice
I'm so excited for you!

And jealous.

:rant:

FTS! FTS! (after you get the new clownies)

:happydance:

FTS plus many more photos when my fishies come, i cant wait. omgomgomg

NanoReefNovice
You need to learn how to picture bomb update like I do :P

I need a bomb camera and know how to take pictures like you do. Photography wise im cluess, i took like 40 pics and those are the best i got. -_-

Archived