SaltCritters.com

Tang & coral

xnikateenx

Sorry for posting something so dumb as a tang in a nano lol. i didn't know n my dad suggestyed getting a tang. he was the one who bought me the nano tank and i guess he had some tang like 20 some years ago. He wonders why all his fish died lol. One thing i heard is that this nhobby has become much easier over the decades and a lot cheaper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now a tang i do see a prob with that only cause they get big, but if ur params seem ok the only real prob is the size of the fish. Wouldnt be able to do much else a couple small fish is really the way to go in the nano tanks. I personally like the Geometric Pygmy's the original poster should check those out once they get comfy in the tank they have a great personality.

No my original post stated make sure u watch it eat, and the post i was supporting said difficult to care for

I retract what I said. You did mention making sure the fish is eating prepared foods, I did not see your first post. I still believe its not a good noob nano choice but taking prepared foods is the first step.

something isn't right here......

Is it you?

mathewkofalk, I'm not taking issue with what you said as you did qualify the only way it could even begin to be acceptable, IMHO.

My issue is with whom and where you made the statement. Despite some successes, I stand behind what I said, these fish more often will starve to death than thrive in a nano. Being in a beginner's nano only increases the chances.

I agree they do starve, but usually it is because they have been shipped all over the place with no food in them for weeks. After time of no food the poor fish doesnt even have the ability to eat due to lack of digestive fluids. I have been around fish since i was a kid and my friend( also old roommate), was the one who got me into SW tanks. I cared for his many times a 50 gal and a nano. So even though this is my first SW tank I have been involved in the hobby for 5 years. Not a good beginner fish but i believe a better choice than what many do like Lawnmower blenys and tangs in nanos

Shipping practices have increased in reliability and speed in recent years, and no one should assume that a mandarin died because shipping problems.

LOL who was talkin about mandarins...............RTARD

please read previous posts before u try to make a point

Your definately not making any friends.

well look at the yall act ..... anyways one of the worst forums ive ever seen so this post is my last

Bye

At least you won't be around advising beginners to get fish they will have trouble caring for.

Hey RTARD, mandarin dragonet, scooter blenny (AKA Ocelatted Dragonet or Scooter Dragonet) very similar especially when it come to care.

again, if you ask for advise dont be rude if you dont get the answer you hope for. good fish to start with are like clowns maybe 3 green chromis or somthing? firefish those are all pretty cool fish

At least I'm not a moran. ;)

Now a tang i do see a prob with that only cause they get big, but if ur params seem ok the only real prob is the size of the fish.

size isnt the problem, its the fact that they swim marathon distances everyday.

bump lol

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Look what I got in my PM box:

What the #### is a moran u little ass licker go suck some balls and eat a huge pile of my ###### dumbass. Then learn to spell.

Here's my friendly PM:

All i can say to you is you are an #######. And with a last name of Riemer i assume a ######. Crawl back into the butthole u came out of and give advise not just IMHO bull ######.

lol

size isnt the problem, its the fact that they swim marathon distances everyday.

Oh no... size is never the problem.... :P LOL

Here's my friendly PM:

lol

WOW, he talks about spelling, then proceeds to spell advice with an "S." :haha: What an effin' hypocrate!

Oh no... size is never the problem.... :P LOL

let me clear up what i meant. i meant to say size isnt the ONLY issue. just because a juvy tang is only 1" dosnt mean you can stuff it into your nano tank. i was tired last night, leave me alone :P

WOW, he talks about spelling, then proceeds to spell advice with an "S." :haha: What an effin' hypocrate!

And he dosen't know how to use periods! Idk why this many people are even arguing about tanks and dragonettes, it's obivous with a little reasearch...

Archived