ReefCleaners.org

What's in your Fuge? Like a fingerprint- no two the same.

Deleted User 6

Chaeto, 3 or 4 species of Caulerpa, random small bits of live rock rubble, mini brittle stars, bristleworms, pods, hitchhiker snails, exiled hermit crabs.

mud, cheato, caulerpa, red mangrove, assorted red macro algea, pods, assorted snails, sand sifting crabs, and broken pieces of rock and cinder block. (very pourous with a high amount of surface area, an experiment, we'll see how it goes)

AC 110 Fuge

Chaeto

Pods

Bristleworms

Exiled Gorilla Crab

Live Rock Rubble

Live Sand SSB

Soon to be 20L Fuge

Chaeto

Live Sand DSB

Live Rock

Possibly Pipefish or a Mandarin

12x12 foot print has

coralife 2x18watt light

5" DSB

5lbs of LR

Fist size cheato ball

one 2.5" mantis

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 pods

chaeto seems to be the preferred choice. easy to manage, trim, stays in one big clump, doesn't attach to anything and it doesn't go sexual like some of the other macros(caulerpa). i also like to use mangroves too although like everything, it could be debated.

4" sandbed covering a 4 x 13.25 x 4 area then random live rock pieces, then chaeto with some cereth and nassirus snails to cover detritus. Lit by a 13w PC light from Jaebo.

Chaeto seems to be the best in terms of macro algae and I am thinking of getting a few mangroves just to give it a try. Caulerpa is the work of the devil and illegal in my state so its not an option.

Soon to be 20L Fuge

Chaeto

Live Sand DSB

Live Rock

Possibly Pipefish or a Mandarin

I think a Pipefish and a Mandarin in a fuge would completely defeat the purpose of having a fuge by eating all the pods.

Don't forget you want your fuge light cycle reverse of the display.

Nice. Anyone doing a cryptic fuge?

They're not very common, but jeremai has done it before, you should talk to him about that.

Deleted User 6
They're not very common, but jeremai has done it before, you should talk to him about that.

I just found a past thread on it - interesting.

In my fuge is

4 inch sand bed

Cheato

Calupra

Live rocks

asm g1x skimmer

sock filter

Mag 7 return

Phosban reactor

Maxi jet 600

Pods out the Anus

Of couirse this is on my 90 gallon tank

Is a DSB worth having in the fuge on a nano?

I just pust one in my self and i have been wondering the same thing. Onces you put all the macro algae in there the theory is that your Nitrate are eliminated any way.

Archived