Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Coralife Super Skimmer...

Lebowski_

My work has a Coralife Super Skimmer sitting around. It's been there a while. Only problem is that I need a new pump to run it.

If I could get it cheap, would it be worthwhile? Or is it similar in value to the Fissions and the Seaclones of the world?

Also, what pump can run this skimmer?

I picked up a modded CSS220 used , the original owner said that with some DIY work to the pump it is a great skimmer.

Problem is like you I need a new pump to operate it. I accidentally killed the mesh modded pump that came with it.

I plan on replacing it with a Octopus needle wheel pump , should increase the performace a good bit.

avaneaton2000

I have a SS 65 that I modded and works well, added a whisper 20 air pump to the venturi and wrapped my needle wheel with fishing line like 3 times per bar, much better performance.

Check out desertracings post about modding SS's

I ran a thread about it acouple of weeks ago. Didn't get many ansrews.

I guess not many ppl have tried putting a different model pump onto the CSS's. From what I did gather the stock pump put out about 500-550gph , whenever I get some extra cash together I intend to get a Octopus 500gph needle wheel pump , or maybe the body MIGHT be able to handle 750gph.

Archived