ReefCleaners.org

Chief's Solana

Chiefmcfuz

Very nice! Can you give me that link on where to get a dry dock and how to elevated with no waterflow restrict in the filter area? thanks

Very nice! Can you give me that link on where to get a dry dock and how to elevated with no waterflow restrict in the filter area? thanks

My dry dock was made by InTank here on NR. I don't think they are in production anymore but send me a PM I might have another laying around. My 9002 skimmer it the old style with the plastic screw and mounting bracket so it is hooked over the lip from chamber 1 to chamber 2 creating a gap where the dry dock cannot go below to obstruct the flow from ch 1 to ch 2. That's the best I can explain it.

very nice,chief!i like those zoa colony.

Thanks Dude, not as nice as yours tho ;)

Nice tank Chief ... No sps for you? I have some extra frags here that are taking up space on my frag racks ... Some nice colored pieces (acros, montis, birdsnest) ... I got no names for them unless you want me to make them up for you ... I understand you work in Harlem late night ... maybe if you wanted anything I could deliver to you ... that is if I am not arrested ... ;)

PS ... this is not a bribe ... don't worry.

The Dock that is in there now has one panel that it thinner than the others 1/8" to accommodate the MP10, the other dock I have in storage is perfect for the MP20 and MP40 it is 1/4" all around.

SpankythePyro

ahhh it looked so much like a sunpod!

I might be selling my tank to get a solana... political issues.

I really want a solar clown wrasse and a flasher though!

ahhh it looked so much like a sunpod!

I might be selling my tank to get a solana... political issues.

I really want a solar clown wrasse and a flasher though!

Do it Spanky! go get the solana and join our club. haha. your clowns will love you plus it look very slick and nice! haha :lol:

Yeah it is in the same type body as the sunpod LOL

The only thing that is really bad about this light aside from the bulb selection (which I would imagine is going to be rectified soon) is that there are no moon lights on it. Being a night owl I like to watch the tank at night as well as during the day so I needed to add them to the fixture.

• 4 months later...

Ok with the going into hiding of kyle at sapphire aquatics I figured I would ask this here. I was able to get a Sapphire Skimmer from someone on my local board. Does anyone know if I could use a drill or a file to make the pump hole in the bottom of the skimmer a little bigger? The pump will not fit.

I own a sapphire aquatics skimmer for my solana and while it was a very tight fit, no drilling was needed. It's acrylic so a quick buzz of a dremel should be all that's needed.

Thanks. Yeah it is a tight fit. Tried to coax it in but when it didn't work I measured diameters and they were different. Going ti have. To buy a dremmel now.

Ok now here is the problem, the pump doesn't work. I opened it up and it appears that Kyle never included the impeller with it :angry:

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have PM'd the guy who I got it from and asked him to contact kyle.

• 2 months later...

Finally got an impeller from one of the other members on MR and through the grace of god the skimmer works.

Kyle is still hiding from his responsibilities and not contacting any of his customers. He does have a responsibility to the people whom he sold things to before he ran away and closed his business. But some people are cowards. I know this, if Sapphire Aquatics ever comes back and he is involved in any way, I will tell everyone to avoid his company like the plague like I should have.

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Chiefmcfuz

Just a quick update. Upgraded to the BubbleMagus NAC QQ and the AI SOL Blue. Skimmer works nice, AI is awesome. Great CS, Great price and well worth the expense.

Archived