Cultivated Reef

My LED design is screwed!

Ryan110484

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So did you end up using the diy drivers?? if so can you take a pic of them for me please..

I ended up saving myself the headache and spent they extra money on buckpucks. Got all the bucks for under 200 and if I remember right the diy drivers would have been between 125-150. Maybe? Planning on trying diy drivers at some point though.

• 10 months later...

Would love an update on this set up. FTS's and your thoughts at this point etc.

I'm piecing together all the bits and pieces for a array over a 75 gallon tank. I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 60 leds. 30 CW and 30 RB. I'm hoping to go with the Thomas Research drivers.

What optics did you go with and what distance above the water have you settled on? What intensity are you running the CW/RB?

Thanks

Would love an update on this set up. FTS's and your thoughts at this point etc.

I'm piecing together all the bits and pieces for a array over a 75 gallon tank. I'm thinking in the neighborhood of 60 leds. 30 CW and 30 RB. I'm hoping to go with the Thomas Research drivers.

What optics did you go with and what distance above the water have you settled on? What intensity are you running the CW/RB?

Thanks

As far as updates go...I had a complete tank disaster when moving. Long story short that I could complain about for hours- the movers jacked everything up, something that was supposed to take less than 24 hours took over 2 days I think it was almost 3 and I lost everything in my tank except for 2 out of my 4 fish and 2 tiny bits of coral that managed to recover. Basically, everything in my tank is new so I can't really compare it to what I used to have.

As far as the system, one string of white has went out in the move and I haven't had the time to fix it. I run the leds around 700ma so I am still at a 50/50 relationship between the blue and white. Still love the thing and feel it was totally worth it. As far as optics and distance, I used all 40 degree optics and like the fixture to be at about 12" above the tank. It helps to keep the LEDs blended from the moment they hit the water. If they are in the 4-6 inch range you can see separate lines of color in about the first 1/3 of water.

I have pictures on a camera somewhere, but I can't find the camera. I'll see if I can post pictures later.

Archived